Executive Director - Private Wealth Management Credit Risk, Firm Risk Management division
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 25 Apr 18 2018-04-25
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
Private Wealth Management Asia is an integrated business within Institutional Securities. We provide highly personalized, best-in-class investment advice, execution services and wealth management and banking solutions to Ultra High Net Worth individuals and families across the region.
The cornerstone of Morgan Stanley's risk management philosophy is the execution of risk-adjusted returns through prudent risk-taking that protects Morgan Stanley's capital base, liquidity and franchise. The APAC Firm Risk Management Division is responsible for the independent identification, analysis, reporting and escalation of all credit, market, operational and liquidity risk exposures arising from business activities, acting independently of business management and providing an effective challenge process.
Credit Risk Management (CRM) evaluates credit risk of transactions, especially loans and derivatives, from all BUs within the Firm and approves, rejects or modifies them after thorough consideration of various factors. CRM also assigns Internal Credit Ratings; establishes and manages credit risk limits in accordance with the risk tolerance established by the Board; monitors and reports on credit risk exposures on a regular basis to the Chief Risk Officer and senior management.
We are looking for an experienced credit risk professional at the Executive Director level to join our PWM credit risk management team in Hong Kong. In this role, you will partner with colleagues in PWM Sales and Business Unit Risk Management to help manage the firm’s growing private wealth platform.
Core Responsibilities Include:
• Conduct comprehensive due-diligence of high net worth individuals and related entities across a variety of transactions in PWM
• Establish credit appetite and approve transactions across lending and derivative products
• Frequent monitoring and accountability of the Asia PWM Credit Risk portfolio
• Develop, maintain and ensure compliance with all credit policies and procedures
• Enhance and maintain value-adding senior management reporting framework and present at senior risk committees
• Establish and maintain comprehensive stress testing methodologies for the business
• Be proficient and updated in HKMA regulatory requirements on all risk matters. Interact with regulators regarding credit policies and procedures
• Liaise with Morgan Stanley’s global WM Credit Professionals and establish best practices as applicable to the region
• At least 10 - 15 years’ of experience covering Credit Risk in a Private Wealth or Prime Brokerage capacity
• Strong knowledge of securities based lending and related margin lending policies
• Strong product knowledge of derivatives in asset classes including interest rates, foreign exchange, equities and credit instruments
• Able to work independently and liaise effectively with the business units and regulators
• Understanding of stress testing of financial products
• Strong analytical skills, sense of ownership and self-motivator
• Excellent communication skills for written, graphical and verbal presentation