Executive Assistant, Clients & Markets and Advisory
As part of the Asia Pacific (ASPAC) regional team you will play an integral role in the development and execution of our regional strategy. This is focused around our Growth and Trust ambitions, so that KPMG becomes the Clear Choice for clients and talent. This role presents an exciting opportunity to build relationships with senior leaders across member firms throughout the Asia Pacific region. About the role
The executive assistant is the supportive force that empowers our senior leadership. The ideal person for the job will be a proactive problem solver with exceptional communication skills and a meticulous attention to detail.
The role requires the provision of executive support for two leaders:
- The ASPAC Clients and Markets COO, who is responsible for the leading our Priority Account Program and Regional Sector Program, and various initiatives within it
- The regional deployment lead for our Risk and Regulatory solutions, which is a critical part of our Consulting business touching many of our largest clients and an area that is key to our Trusted agenda
We are looking for an energetic, results orientated Executive with relevant experience to help be a key touchpoint between the team. The individual will need to understand broadly the goals of the team in terms of accounts, sectors and solutions and familiarize the internal contacts across the global, regional and local network. The key activities, deliverables and accountabilities are listed below. Core secretarial duties (estimated 40-50%):
Provide all-round secretarial and administrative support to Senior Management
- Handle business correspondence, expenses claims, diary and events management
- Organise travel arrangements and business functions*
- Screen and answer incoming calls in a polite and professional manner*
- Assist with coordination and preparation for meetings (creating presentations, research, compiling information, etc) and coordinate any timely follow-up (sending documents, minutes, email replies, scheduling follow-up meetings, etc).
- Perform other duties as required and occasionally work outside office hours
*In our post-Covid virtual ways of working, these tasks are diminished compared to past practice Project Management support duties (estimated 50-60%):
- Work closely with different business stakeholders, including the Senior Management to obtain the necessary info required for documenting project scope and budget from commencement to completion
- Familiarity with the projects' scope, budget, and justification and documenting accordingly
- Following up with the various project teams to ensure the meeting of timelines and project deliverables
- Concisely summarizing progress on projects and anticipating/flagging risks or areas of possible delay, preparing reports on project status to Senior Management
Perform other duties as required - work outside office hours may be necessary in exceptional circumstances (eg in conjunction with events in different time zones) Experience
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Diploma/Tertiary degree or equivalent (preferably in a finance, accounting, business, marketing, or information technology discipline)
- At least 5 years of experience working within a Big 4 or similar professional services firm in a program/support capacity - or relevant secretarial experience
- Excellent typing and computer skills - Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Chinese Word an advantage
- Resilient and a team player, with a strong work ethic
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to manage team meetings with clear time management of agendas, capture of next steps and ensure timely follow up.
- Excellent attention to detail and a can-do attitude
- A proactive communicator with excellent verbal and written English communication skills (both verbal and written) Mandarin or Cantonese language skills would be an advantage
- Strong work ethic and willingness to work in a fast-paced environment; logical thinking and consultative orientation
- Confident and proactive in the adoption and use of technology
We offer successful candidates an attractive remuneration package and the opportunity to work in a dynamic and exciting environment.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.