Position: 6 Months Contract Event Planner Associate (Renewable) Company Description Join an American MNC, which provides Private Banking, Asset Management, Treasury & Security Services, Private Wealth Management services and is one of the largest banks in the United States with a history dating back
Position: 6 Months Contract Event Planner Associate (Renewable)
Join an American MNC, which provides Private Banking, Asset Management, Treasury & Security Services, Private Wealth Management services and is one of the largest banks in the United States with a history dating back over 200 years. American multinational banking and financial services holding company with almost 240,000 employees in 60 countries
- responsible for the planning, management and execution of principal, regional and internal events for the asset management business
- Collaboration with event managers to assist in overall event planning and execution
- Understanding of budgets and to help manage the regional event calendar
- Working with internal marketing partners to build registration sites and invitations
- Site / venue research and negotiation of vendors, based on internal corporate guidelines
- Sourcing suppliers for event materials / merchandise
- Maintaining stock levels of event materials / stationary / supplies
- Management of lists and status reports for client events
- Event administrative responsibilities (e.g. nametags, place and table seating cards, menu cards etc., as well as the collation and shipping of stationary and marketing collateral for the events, as necessary.)
- On-site support at events with the possibility of some travel
- Degree in Marketing, Business Administration or other relevant qualifications
- Minimum 3 years of relevant working experience in event management related activities.
- Strong maintenance skills for regional event calendar, databases and supplier / venue information
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills to manage relationships and conversations across different teams including marketing, sales and other internal partners.
- Attention to details and initiative, able to think strategically and identify issues and find creative solutions
- Ability to prioritise workloads to meet internal client demands
- Strong team player with a positive attitude, and able to work independently under pressure and tight deadlines
- Knowledge of event technology will be an advantage
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word & PowerPoint)
- Due to primary operations requirements to oversee Regional events based at China, Taiwan and Hong Kong, English, Cantonese and Chinese (Simplified & Traditional) languages reading and understanding skills are essential.