Equity Research Analyst, Technology (Hardware) - Greater China (Hong Kong / Taipei / Shanghai)
Who we're looking for
We're looking for an equity analyst to join our regional research team to cover the technology hardware sectors of Greater China. Working alongside our experienced team of analysts and portfolio managers, the role will help strengthen our fundamental research coverage of companies in the technology hardware sector (including China A-shares). About Schroders
We are a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions and prepare for the future. We have around 4,000 people on six continents. We have been around for over 200 years but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What does not change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper. Location
This role can be based in Hong Kong, Shanghai or Taipei. We offer flexible working appropriate for a client-solutions focussed role. The team
Our Asia ex Japan Equities team of over 30 analysts and portfolio managers. Key responsibilities
- Conduct fundamental company research to support our investment process for Asia ex Japan equities and generate investment recommendations to a team of portfolio managers based in Hong Kong, London, Shanghai and Singapore.
- Maintain coverage of a basket of core stocks while also helping portfolio managers search for new investment opportunities.
- Communicate investment recommendations via detailed written research (including ESG analysis) and regular conference calls and presentations.
- Collaborate with other analysts and portfolio managers across the Schroder group.
- University degree or above. Finance or accounting training/experience.
- At least 5-8 years of relevant sector experience/knowledge and exceptional abilities in the financial modelling and valuation of companies. Candidates with industry experience and subsequent financial sector exposure will be a plus.
- Strong communication skills required to present stock ideas and market/sector views to fund managers via written work and conference calls in both English and Chinese.
- Proficient in both written and verbal English and Chinese language.
- Proficient in MS Office applications, Bloomberg/Wind.