Equity Derivatives Trade Support Associate
The Hong Kong Equity Derivatives Trade Support Group (TSG) is responsible for providing front-to-back operational support for the issuance & lifecycle management of Structured Products, Exotic OTC swaps & options traded by the Equity Exotics, Corporate Derivatives and Cross-asset sales & trading desks in Hong Kong and Tokyo for Institutional Equities & Private Wealth Management businesses.
The team acts as the central point of contact for the F2B flows of the businesses that it supports, which requires close partnership across a wide network of internal departments including Sales & Trading, Strats, Financial engineering, Treasury, Controllers, Cash management, Client Service groups, Settlements, IT, Legal & Compliance, Regulatory & Transaction Reporting and other operational support areas. TSG owns the key controls within trade support operations, and acts as the coordinator for day-to-day booking & break resolution functions. The team is actively involved in New Product Approval forums to evaluate & advise on operational aspects of potential new businesses and products. The team also interacts extensively with global change management teams on an ongoing basis and provides operational SME inputs on various projects work streams.
- Trade & Issue Date controls on new product setups and trade capture within the Firm?s upstream risk management systems and downstream sub-ledger for products issued by MS entities & SPV vehicles.
- Validation of trade economics captured in the exotic valuation templates vs. trade Termsheets provided by sales, and partner closely with Sales & Trading on trade booking queries and ad-hoc requests.
- Work with product controllers to resolve any P&L issues arising from misbookings.
- Lifecycle management & event notification for all supported OTCs & Structured Products, and calculation of complex product payoffs based on termsheet formulae.
- Booking periodic & maturity cash coupons & share deliveries for supported products.
- Liaising with external issuing and paying agents (IPAs) & clearing houses to ensure that Structured Product payments are processed in a timely manner.
- Oversee daily reconciliation and clearance of position, product & internal accounting breaks that ultimately affect the MS balance sheet.
- Identification, timely escalation & resolution of control related issues.
- Development & maintenance of detailed desktop procedures outlining the team?s activities.
- Generate & work on ideas for business process improvements which include trade flow automation, capacity enhancements, control framework and new business initiatives.
- Generate metrics and KRI/KPI reporting for global operations senior management.