Equity Derivatives Senior Java Developer, VP
The Senior Real-time Risk Developer is a senior level position responsible for establishing and implementing new application systems and programs in coordination with the Technology team. The overall objective of this role is to support applications systems analysis and programming activities. The applications in reference are to do with Risk and the User in this case being our Traders. You will have the chance to work with JAVA and KOTLIN in this role developing a risk app for our traders.
Citi has made a strategic investment in Equity Derivatives, commissioning a number of green field projects to build best in class platforms that will significantly improve our trading and risk management capabilities.
- Partner with multiple management teams to ensure appropriate integration of functions to meet goals as well as identify and define necessary system enhancements to deploy new products and process improvements
- Resolve variety of high impact problems/projects through in-depth evaluation of complex business processes, system processes, and industry standards
- Provide expertise in area and advanced knowledge of applications programming and ensure application design adheres to the overall architecture blueprint
- Utilize advanced knowledge of system flow and develop standards for coding, testing, debugging, and implementation
- Develop comprehensive knowledge of how areas of business, such as architecture and infrastructure, integrate to accomplish business goals
- Provide in-depth support with interpretive thinking to define issues and develop innovative solutions
- Serve as advisor or coach to mid-level developers and analysts, allocating work as necessary
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
Job Family Group:
- Equities Derivatives product knowledge and exposure preferred, in particular risk management would be ideal
- Extensive years overall working experience with in depth knowledge level in JVM backend development using Spring Boot
- Experience on data streaming technology such as Kafka, Spark/Flink
- Strong OOP, sound understanding of SOLID principles, TDD, design patterns, dependency injection
- Highly experienced developer with extensive experience contributing to global, full-stack SDLC projects in large organizations.
- Proficient in Asynchronous, Multi-threading and Parallel task programming.
- Extensive experience interfacing and collaborating with stakeholders, including requirements gathering and governance.
- Demonstrated analytical techniques and ability to make recommendations to technical and program leadership to improve the product, process or technology and present ideas clearly and concisely.
- Experience with Big Data technologies
- Experience with KDB advantageous
Technology Job Family:
Applications Development Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting