Equity Derivatives Operations Support
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you're valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
MAIN OBJECTIVES & PURPOSE :
• To handle settlement functions of stock borrow and lending and middle office function
• To support the stock borrow lending desk
• To assist and handle Warrants/CBBCs issuance and settlement, ETF creation / redemption and ADR / GDR / CB conversion in Asian markets
• To provide our best customer services and support to both our internal and external customers
• To initiate new ideas / workflows in order to streamline our operations and improve control
• To ensure appropriate escalation to managers and/or Permanent Control (or Compliance as appropriate) as soon as an issue is identified.
• To follow properly the internal operational procedure and guidelines of the bank.
CUSTOMER/SUPPLIER RELATIONS :
• Front Office, Middle Office, Finance & Control, Internal / External Audit and IT
• Custodians, Brokers and other Financial Institutions
KEY RESULTS AREAS :
1. Perform settlement for listed cash equities of stock borrow & lending and middle office function
2. Monitor the short position and inform the slab traders
3. Perform trade / position reconciliation duties among different front and back office systems
4. Perform immediate investigation on irregular items such as position breaks / cash breaks or system problems
5. Escalate to managers of any control incident that may cost a loss to the bank
6. Ensure compliance with internal control procedures and policies under the supervision of immediate supervisor
7. Conduct system enhancement testing or involve in new system implementation project if required
8. Streamline the operational procedures, enhance work efficiency and minimize operational risk
9. Provide support to other team members if required
10. Submit short position and related regulatory reporting
11. Perform payment and funding processes
12. Perform ad hoc tasks upon request