Equity Derivatives Developer, Vice President
Morgan Stanley’s market-leading institutional equity derivatives business is powered by a world class technology platform from front to back. The system manages the pre-trade workflow for sales and trading including product definition, pricing and quoting, pre-trade approvals and automated integration with booking systems. This flow is handled through a range of inputs from high-touch bespoke exotics to direct FIX connectivity and auto-pricing.
As the business continues to grow, the equity derivatives technology team is undertaking a programme of change to increase our external connectivity and to improve automation for all aspects of the workflow. Whilst much of the platform is relatively new, there are still significant components that need to be developed and key architectural decisions to be made. The team is at the forefront of the Agile and DevOps transformation currently going through Morgan Stanley technology, and have a very strong partnership with business product owners.
Reflecting the global nature of our business and systems, the team is distributed between Hong Kong, Tokyo, London, New York, Budapest and Mumbai. We are active in many out of work activities both socially and volunteering our time through various firm sponsored initiatives.
Existing Tech Stack:
- C# .Net 4.6.1, WPF
- HTML 5, CSS3, Angular
- Git, Teamcity, Jenkins, Stash
- Globally distributed n-tier platform
- Treadmill PaaS, Splunk-based LaaS and Service Discovery
You will be a technically proficient, hands-on and enthusiastic developer, with a desire to work on equity derivatives workflow and pricing systems.
- Work in an Agile Squad of developers to support and lead different phases of the product lifecycle including analysis, development and testing.
- Help implement and ensure the team follows SDLC best practices consistent with your peers around the globe.
- Mentor junior developers and guide them through their career.
- Develop and lead the technology strategy within the department, as well as ensuring it aligns with the global technology strategy.
- Encourage innovation and set technical guardrails for the development team.
- Promote best practices in terms of TDD, development tools and technologies.
- The role will involve constant interaction with front office business product owners and users analyzing, gathering requirements and giving product demonstrations.
- Collaborate with members from the wider global team, as well as neighbouring teams and systems such as risk management, compliance, treasury, lifecycle management and operations.