Equity Deriv Front Office Risk Developer
As a Barclays Equity Derivatives Front Office Risk Developer you will be part of the Risk Finance and Treasury (RFT) Technology department which comprises c.3500 colleagues situated across major cities globally. We are responsible for the delivery of business change and technology transformation for Risk, Finance and Treasury Functions globally, working in partnership with our Business customers to develop and implement long term strategic IT solutions to help achieve the Firm's strategic goals.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. What will you be doing?
What we're looking for:
- You will be supporting the RAD applications and solutions suite for the Structured Equity Derivatives desk (Sales, Trading and Structuring) and support functions
- Interact with Trading, Operations, and Finance clients as well as team members from the wider IT teams to scope and quickly deliver fit-for-purpose solutions
- Be innovative and drive key architectural decisions to come up with something new and deliver the FO IT Strategy
- You will be involved in the integration of FO IT solutions into other strategic framework where required
- Providing tactical solutions on business requests to supplement the strategic tool set offerings
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Mathematics, Financial Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- Technical proficiency demonstrated through a deep knowledge of data structures, algorithms and general problem solving
- Hands on development experience with one or more programming languages, including but not limited to C# / VBA / Python etc.
- Proficiency in software development process and best practices (TDD, code reviews etc.)
Where will you be working?
- Understanding of Equities Derivatives financial products and related risk measures and market data
- Knowledge of Exotic Equity Derivatives
- Evaluative, good judgment and analytical skills to tackle problems using data analysis techniques
Our offices are situated in the center of Hong Kong's financial district, at 2 Queen's Road. Cheung Kong Centre is an investment banking hub that offers panoramic views of Victoria Harbour and Kowloon Peninsula. There is a variety of local amenities and you will be just a short walk from shopping malls, health clubs and multiple transport links.