Equity Client Operations, Associate
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 747 offices in 42 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Operations division is both the first line of defence for protecting Morgan Stanley's financial and reputational well-being, and an essential partner contributing to the firm's growth. Facing off to all Morgan Stanley businesses and interacting with all other parts of the Firm, the Operations division supports a complex, multi-faceted portfolio of businesses in full compliance with regulatory guidelines and the directives of the Operating Committee and Board of Directors.
Members of the Operations team have a unique vantage point as the division touches all parts of the business, front to back. One of the largest divisions in the firm, Operations has diverse responsibilities, including correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating all operational risks, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and e-solutions. Throughout, we continually strive to improve while actively supporting the development of new businesses, structures and markets.
The role is a dynamic role within the ICS Equity Team in Hong Kong, focusing on the growing demands of China Stock Connect market. The responsible individual will be focused on on-boarding and trade processing of China Stock Connect market and trade processing for Cash Equities markets for top focus clients. The team always seeks to respond rapidly to client’s needs and developments within the industry, making it a constantly changing environment, which requires high performance from the individuals in the team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- On-boarding, trade allocations, confirmations, monitoring unmatched trades and taking prompt action for a timely settlement for China Stock Connect market and Cash Equities market for selected focus clients
- Point of contact with various queries with external clients and internal clients (including Risk, Sales traders, compliance)
- Reviewing and monitoring risk reports and cleaning up exception items; static data maintenance
- Building strong client relationship through day-to-day processing and contacts; ability to understand client’s requirements and communicate in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to use tools and technology to improve workflow, meet internal benchmarks and those set by clients
- Planning and organizing of project, initiatives and UAT testing
- Ensuring procedures are accurate, relevant and adhered to
- Identification and timely escalation of risk items to management