Equities Electronic Trading Risk Manager
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- UBS AG
- 26 Apr 19
Job Reference # 185326BR
Are you a shrewd evaluator of risk? Do you know how to make the right call in challenging situations? Do you have experience with electronic trading, market structure, and execution controls? We're looking for someone like that who can:
– evaluate risk relating to electronic trading (ET), in particular around market impact and prevention of disorderly trading
– oversee / supervise front-office trading limits controls, acting as a challenge function on appropriateness of execution control limits and value of limits
– evolve the ET control framework, and the associated global programs
– interface with senior management, regulators, auditors and various external parties in respect of electronic trading risk issues
– align to the Equities business, working closely with diverse parties including the ET business, ET COO team, Compliance and other Control Functions to enhance risk management across electronic trading
You'll be a member of the APAC Electronic Trading Risk Management team and will interface with various stakeholders, including electronic trading, regulators, technology and other control functions. Your remit will include intraday trading desk coverage as it relates to pausing activity and disorderly trading monitoring. You will provide electronic trading subject matter expertise and risk oversight, focused on enhancement to continuously improve the oversight to execution controls framework and other ET risks for 1st and 2nd line functions.
– 6+ years in Electronic Trading, IT or Quant experience at an investment bank or asset manager, exposure to Fixed Income and Rates will be an advantage
– familiarity with equities markets regulation across APAC, electronic trading concepts and risks
– an understanding of equity market events and structure and its influence on controls effectiveness
– prior experience on regulatory/control-driven remedial programs, and exposure to equities markets rules and regulation
– data analytics and experience in working with large and complex datasets
– the ability to prioritize and work effectively in a rapidly changing environment, and to proactively anticipate, identify, prevent and resolve problems
– a hands-on work attitude and approach in tackling problems
– extremely driven with a strong desire to deliver results despite challenges and constraints
– reliable when working independently, with sound judgment for when to escalate issues
quickly adaptable to changing market situations, technology and business needs
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.