Enterprise Application Architect
Bring your career aspirations to life with AIA!
Accountable for leading the definition and maintenance of the future state AIA Application Architecture as part of the overall Enterprise Architecture. Research, design, propose, and potentially deliver relevant technologies and solutions.
Manage and maintain application architecture model and their lower level components, and to ensure IT projects and activities are aligned with target architecture, principles, and guidelines
Support AIA Business Units to develop application roadmaps that aligns with the business strategies and growth. Roles and Responsibilities
Financial and Non-Financial Measures
- Define the to-be Application Architecture of AIA as part of the overall Enterprise Architecture vision, ensuring the alignment with the business and growth strategies of AIA
- Create and manage reference architecture on middle office and back office applications.
- Perform reviews on IT initiatives and guide local business unit teams/vendors to create contents that are aligned with group target architecture.
- Research, design, propose, and potentially deliver technologies and solutions related to middle office and back office, including but not limited to policy administration, claims administration, underwriting, distribution management, billing and payment, content and communication management and enterprise resource planning, etc. Bring the best solution option to a given business requirement
- Participate and lead solution design during project initiation stage.
- Oversee the design and realization of the application architecture within programmes and projects as necessary, ensuring adherence to architecture vision, standards and policies.
- Short-term goal is to ensure architecture governance and smooth delivery of Group managed market (Philippines and Indonesia) projects.
- Work closely with multiple departments within Group (e.g. IT, corporate solution, agency, partnership distribution, finance, HR, compliance, etc.) and local business units to develop prototypes to nimbly test feasibility of new concepts.
- Contribute to technical discussions and enhancement initiatives related to improving straight-through-processing, automation, cloud migration, agile development, etc.
- Deliver training through training courses or on-the-job training to local business units with the outcome to have skilled application designer.
- Perform other responsibilities and duties periodically assigned by reporting manager in order to meet operational and / or other requirements
- Successful delivery of TDA programs conformed with the target architecture and standards in business units
- Conformance to the target application architecture
- Conformance to technology standards and product standards
Preferred Job Requirements
- Regular communication to the BU EA community on the update of application architecture and ensure buy in and conformance where appropriate and exception approval where necessary
- Communicate regularly with the other EA team members and IT functions, ensuring alignment of the target architectures and standards
- Communicate complex technical problems in clear and simple terms
Reporting Structure and Supervisory / Managerial Responsibilities
- Undergraduate degree in IT or related function mandatory
- At least 10 years IT experience mandatory
- Significant demonstrable experience working in an IT solution design and delivery function in a multi-national company or leading management consultancy mandatory
- Insurance or financial services industry experience mandatory
- Strong relationship management and influencing skills at a senior level
- A deep understanding and experience delivering cloud, microservices and xaaS architectures
- Good understanding of infrastructure and its security, especially on Azure and inter-cloud communication
- Experience in Azure services, particularly AKS, App Services, Logic App, Functions, Data Factory, Azure SQL, Cosmos DB, Cache for Redis, Service Bus, API Management
- Broad experience with various technologies, such as AS/400, Java, .NET, Node.js, React, VUE, Angular, Springboot, CI/CD tools
- Sound understanding of Project Management, SDLC and Agile methodology
- Fluent in English mandatory
- Experience of working in different Asia countries preferable
- Willing to travel
- Be able to lead virtual team across multiple markets
Build a career with us as we help our customers and the community live healthier, longer, better lives.
You must provide all requested information, including Personal Data, to be considered for this career opportunity. Failure to provide such information may influence the processing and outcome of your application. You are responsible for ensuring that the information you submit is accurate and up-to-date.