Employee Communications Manager - Global Communications
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- 22 Nov 17 2017-11-22
Some careers open more doors than others.
If you’re looking to unlock new job opportunities, take a look at the possibilities right on your doorstep here at HSBC.
Global Communications, designs and implements communications strategies which support HSBC’s business objectives, in line with our values, and enhance and protect our reputation among key stakeholders.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Employee Communications Manager.
In this role, you will
- Plan and implement communications activities and programmes that support the relevant Global Function's strategic goals and initiatives
- Manage internal campaigns and news, including ensuring important business projects and information are communicated to all employees within respective Global Functions
- Create compelling content and messages using story telling to engage employees about the progress and priorities of the Global Functions, aligned to our purpose, strategies and values
- Source and provide relevant stories to feed the local, regional and global channels
- Arm people managers with briefings and materials that inform and mobilise employees
- Communicate major change initiatives within Global Functions in the region, in collaboration with the relevant project teams, including those involved with Global Standards communications
- Consider the external implications of implementing employee communications campaigns and projects and collaborate with media relations colleagues on external messages to mitigate risks
- Engage all employees in respective Global Function across the region by delivering key messages through appropriate programmes and channels
- Work collaboratively with communications colleagues in the region and globally to ensure local employee communications plans are aligned with regional and global communications strategies
- Work seamlessly and collaboratively with Global Functions, and other key stakeholders, in delivering of high standard employee communications plans
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- A proven track record in developing, managing and implementing employee communication plans translating into solid and practical delivery programmes
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, including the ability to work confidently and effectively with senior executives across regional and global geographies
- A strong team player who can work collaboratively with peers and manage and deliver excellent performance from teams and individuals
- Excellent interpersonal, strategic planning and project management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong knowledge of communication trends and best practice
- Broad knowledge of financial services industry and global marketplace
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 0000A206
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited