Emerging Market Trader, Assistant Vice President
Who we are looking for
Manage liquidity provision to all SSGM clients and branches. This includes:
Why this role is important to us
- Limit orders, market orders, and fixing orders etc.
- Making markets as principal to clients and in the interbank market
- Monitor all market risk in eFX Forward stream, and intervene when necessary
- Manage flows and initiate market risk position to augment revenues
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Markets (SSGM). When owners and managers of institutional assets need research, trading, securities lending and innovative portfolio strategies, they turn to SSGM business unit. As our investment research and trading arm, SSGM's number one goal is to enhance and preserve our clients' portfolio values by applying technology, optimizing trading, and linking asset classes and markets across the world.
Join us if making your mark in capital markets industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As GM FX Senior Trader you will
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Make markets to clients / interbank counterparts and manage the resulting risk positions with the goal of generating market making revenues within individually prescribed guidelines
- Continuously monitor and execute all client and branch orders
- Assist the sales teams in marketing to SSGM clients
- Participate in daily and regional/global market meetings
- Continuously monitor trading positions, P/L and risk limits to ensure all positions and P/L are booked correctly
- Oversee the eFX market risk management for all currency pairs, including continuous development of our eNDF platform
- Execute NDF fixing and hourly fixing orders
- Manage flows regarding custody FX service
- Undergraduate preferred or relevant/comparable professional qualification.
- At least 2-3 years trading experience in FX or FI markets with proven track record.
- Focus in Southeast Asian markets preferred.
• Adhere to all SSGM trading and market risk limits.
• Stay current with all new regulatory requirements and industry best practice.
• Ensure compliance with all Dodd-Frank and local regulatory business requirements.
• Adhere to all requirements as an "Associated Person" or "Principal" in SSGM's Swap Dealer.
• Ensure timely certification of all SSGM compliance training.
• Maintain the highest ethical and business standards in order to not jeopardize State Street's reputation.
• Report any business control and ethical issues / concerns to management promptly. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers