Electronic Trading Developer, VP
As an experienced member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
In J.P. Morgan Equity Electronic Trading Technology in Hong Kong, the developer will work with quants and traders to develop, implement, support and maintain a growing benchmark algo execution platform trading Asian markets. The person should have experience with dealing with various financial data (trading/execution/risk data are plus). This person also has ability to understand and create scalable/consistent semi-structured data platform for running various environments - back test and production. The successful candidate will:
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Drive stability and resiliency agenda of J.P. Morgan's equities trading execution plant
- Have the ability to work closely with traders, front-office application teams and infrastructure partners to implement and improve trading flows in execution platform
- Coordinate technology developments with regards to trading infrastructure
- Have the ability to provide L3 support on the execution platform and front office monitoring GUI
- Strengthen relationships with our market data vendor
- Project management for strategic business initiatives including exchange and regulatory mandates.
- Lead the upgrade, maintenance and architecture design of the execution platform including: server provisioning, configuration management, High Availability and Disaster Recovery
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Solid knowledge and understanding of equities trading, post trade services and SDLC processes
- Adequate knowledge of Linux/Unix Operating systems, underlying storage systems and network tuning.
- Proven experienced in understand Market Data feeds in Asia markets
- Strong knowledge and experience in FIX, Analytics and OMS. Knowledge in equities trading in Asian markets specific.
- Proficient in core Java development, Python, shell scripts in Linux/Unix environment.
- Self-motivated, multi-tasking, with string analytical and problem solving skills, solution oriented with proven results and to support day to day activity while independently driving projects.
- Clear and confident communication skills - both verbal and written in English.
- Good team player and ability to work independently with minimal guidance.