Division Head - Commercial Banking
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- 02 Nov 17 2017-11-02
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a role where you can continue to make an impression, take the next step at HSBC where your contributions will always be valued.
HSBC Commercial Banking serves millions of businesses ranging from small, to large corporates, providing commercial customers with a full range of banking services including Global Trade and Receivables Finance, RMB solutions, multi-currency business accounts, payments and cash management, and wealth management and insurance, as well as a comprehensive range of financing solutions. With dedicated Relationship Managers and Product Specialists providing local support and advice in over 60 countries and territories, HSBC helps connect customers to opportunities.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Division Head.
In this role, you will
- Lead, manage and motivate a team of relationship managers whose responsibilities cover all aspects of service and sales activities, commercial lending, business marketing with particular emphasis on sustainable excellence in sales and service built upon good training and motivation
- Plan and implement service and sales activities to a wide range of products including treasury, insurance, investments, trustee services, private banking service.
- Ensure good implementation of full relationship management strategy on the division's portfolio of core relationships
- Minimize credit risk and loss to the Bank
- Ensure compliance to internal and regulatory requirements on operations, business development and credit standards
- Coach and develop staff and ensure high level of service and sales standards is maintained
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- Relevant experiences about Commercial Real Estate and large corporates are preferred
- Strong track record in business development is required
- Solid general banking experience in an executive position with exposure in sales, commercial
- banking products, and strong in managing commercial relationships
- Strong commercial lending, risk assessment, trade finance experience with entrepreneurial bias
- Strong leadership skill, service mindset, and sales management skills
- Strong interpersonal, relationship development, influencing and negotiation skills
- University degree, insurance and regulated sales professional qualification
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and Putonghua
The chosen candidate for this role will be required to undergo enhanced vetting. Subject to local laws, this will require the individual to satisfactorily pass a series of additional checks as part of the recruitment process and on an ongoing basis, if appointed to the role. HSBC Group reserves its position with regard to any steps which it may take in relation to any material adverse findings which arise either when the checks are originally completed, and/or if relevant, on an ongoing basis. For more information about the enhanced vetting for this role please contact the recruiter for this role.
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 00009ZJU
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited