Director of Financial Risk Management
Bring your career aspirations to life with AIA!
Acting as a deep financial risk subject matter expert covering financial risks on both the asset and liability side of AIA's business, you will be responsible for proactively managing regulatory solvency risk and performing holistic forward-looking risk and solvency assessments. Roles and Responsibilities:
- Risk Appetite Statement & Tolerances: Primary accountability for the development, maintenance, and monitoring of the Group's Risk Appetite Statement, principles and tolerances for the Group.
- Own Risk Solvency Assessment ("ORSA") & Recovery Plan: Lead the annual ORSA and Recovery Plan for AIA Group, and identify potential business actions deriving from these analyses.
- Stress & scenario testing for capital planning purposes: Develop and apply the Group stress testing framework to monitor the Group's solvency and financial strength both on an actual and prospective basis.
- Data analytics: Lead the data analytics team within Group Risk & Compliance and generate value-adding insight for risk management purposes.
- Provide risk oversight, challenge and analytical insights for the Group and business units over all financial risk-taking activities, through consistent identification, measurement and application of financial risk metrics that are consistent with the Group's Risk Appetite and regulatory constraints.
- Lead and participate in financial risk-related ad-hoc projects based on senior management requests or external developments.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Executing this mandate involves working in a close partnership with senior members of Finance teams and Risk teams including the Group Chief Actuary, Regional CFO as well as Business Unit Chief Risk Officers.
- A central element of the position is communicating the analysis, ideas and directions, both internally within Group Risk and externally especially to senior executives. As such, strong written and verbal communication skills with authority and confidence, both to technical and non-technical audiences, is essential.
- This position requires the candidate to work closely with a diverse group of stakeholders, providing risk oversight and advice while challenging business decisions and strategies where necessary, which may involve extensive debate and negotiation. Exceptional leadership, interpersonal skills, rational thinking and business awareness skillsets are very important.
- Bachelor's degree in finance and/or related area. Quality Actuary and FRM preferred 15+ years of credit, business, investment or finance experience within a large-scale financial services environment
- Proven track record of initiating policy and control improvement and driving programs that enhance transparency, governance or control Expert analysis and decision-making skills
- Proactive, driven leader with the ability to operate effectively from the conceptual stage through to successful implementation
- Strong influencing and interpersonal relationship skills to build networks across organization
- Excellent presentation skills. Ability to communicate effectively up, down, and across the organization. Ability to articulate complex information in a compelling and succinct manner
Build a career with us as we help our customers and the community live healthier, longer, better lives.
You must provide all requested information, including Personal Data, to be considered for this career opportunity. Failure to provide such information may influence the processing and outcome of your application. You are responsible for ensuring that the information you submit is accurate and up-to-date.