Director of Business Development
Bring your career aspirations to life with AIA!
Partner with local PD heads in the countries assigned to develop and execute plans to achieve the country targets, drive year-on-year growth and build a strong foundation for sustainable long-term rapid growth across the relevant PD channels. Drive the rapid development of Partnership Distribution with our key existing distribution partners, increasing penetration and driving sales growth.
Lead Partnership Distribution regionally to develop product and marketing strategies that are aligned with our overall business and channel strategies. Facilitate business success and growth by providing critical support and advice to the GPD Leadership and Local PD teams. Roles and Responsibilities:
- Overall responsibility of supporting Local PD Heads and their teams in their assigned countries.
- From a Group perspective, champion the PD initiatives and goals that have been committed for each market under Propel.
- Closely coordinate with GPD Leadership and other Group partners to bring in subject matter expertise and/or ensure the sharing of best practices across the region.
- Develop and execute plans, in collaboration with local BU's, to grow value of our existing partnerships by deepening relationships and penetration of their respective client bases.
- Provide support on the following activities:
- Organize and lead monthly business review discussions with Local PD Heads and their teams
- Provide direct support on regional or country-sponsored projects, or engage other Group functions to provide necessary resources
- Assist in deal negotiations and development of new business opportunities in their assigned countries
- Work with the Local PD Heads on their annual strategic planning exercise
- Support RCEs as Subject Matter Expert providing industry perspectives and functional expertise to manage PD strategy in their respective countries
- Working very closely with AIA management and our key partners in the assigned countries to achieve their target, year on year growth and building a strong foundation for long term sustainable rapid growth. This may include a requirement to ensure that detailed plans are jointly developed to execute PD growth strategies in line with the overall Business Strategy.
- Provide critical strategic support and advice to the CEO and Leadership Team.
- Provide advice to CEOs and key regional executives on the appropriateness of local structure, talent and resourcing and play a leadership role in ensuring change where gaps exist.
- Contribute to the development of the Group Partnership Distribution strategy. Work with Regional functions of our key regional PD partners to develop regional strategies and initiatives, and to ensure alignment and implement partnership plans in the countries
- Bachelor or Post-Graduate degree or at least 10 years' experience on Life Insurance and Financial Services with significant senior management/leadership experience.
- Senior management or country executive leadership experience including PD head and product / marketing experience
- Strategic business and client development
- Demonstrated development and execution of strategies and tactics.
- Strong financial and commercial acumen
- Broad exposure to a combination of the following business disciplines; finance, marketing, strategy, customer service, operations, distribution, product
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Sound understanding of insurance related financial metrics.
Build a career with us as we help our customers and the community live healthier, longer, better lives.
You must provide all requested information, including Personal Data, to be considered for this career opportunity. Failure to provide such information may influence the processing and outcome of your application. You are responsible for ensuring that the information you submit is accurate and up-to-date.