Director, Transaction Services (Financial Services)
KPMG China operates in 24 cities across China, with around 12,000 partners and staff in Beijing, Changsha, Chengdu, Chongqing, Foshan, Fuzhou, Guangzhou, Haikou, Hangzhou, Jinan, Nanjing, Ningbo, Qingdao, Shanghai, Shenyang, Shenzhen, Suzhou, Tianjin, Wuhan, Xiamen, Xi'an, Zhengzhou, Hong Kong SAR and Macau SAR.
KPMG is a global network of professional services firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services. We operate in 147 countries and territories, and have 219,000 people working in member firms around the world.
KPMG Transaction Services advises a wide range of clients on M&A transactions, from leading private equity and real estate funds, financial institutions, multinational corporations and public interest entities, to small size private companies.
KPMG Transaction Services provides various types of buy-side and sell-side deal advisory support throughout the deal cycle:
- Pre-deal buy-side due diligence
- Sell-side assistance including vendor due diligence and vendor assistance
- Cross-border transaction assistance
- Completion assistance
- Sales and Purchase Agreement support
We help our clients identify opportunities and risk in their acquisitions, disposals, JVs and buy-outs. Responsibilities
- Reporting to the engagement partner, serve as the day-to-day project team leader, managing project logistics and requirements in addition to developing and presenting specific analyses for clients and tracking overall project status and risks. As required, have the ability to act as the interim engagement leader
- Assist with the coordination and leadership of KPMG and client teams to deliver on-time and on-budget engagements while meeting client objectives across various phases of project and transaction lifecycle
Bring operational project experience and knowledge of the financial services sectors (banking and or insurance) and to provide insight to the project teams
- Provide experience based, content rich advice to clients regarding issues relevant to the contemplated M&A and transactions, so that issues and risks can be mitigated and solutions can be developed
Develop, maintain and sustain relationships with existing and prospective clients
- Proactively identify likely issues that could impact delivery and lever wider KPMG Service Line support as required
- Leverage prior M&A and transaction experiences to help build and enhance differentiated service offerings for the Practice
- Assist with the creation and development of proposals and attend client sales meetings
- BA/BS and MBA degree or equivalent from an accredited college/university
- Minimum 10 years' experience including three years of M&A and transactions experience with a Big Four firm, management / strategy consulting firm; corporate experience within a Business Development/ Strategy function is a plus
- Combination of Industry and Consulting experience desirable
- Demonstrate a full understanding of the M&A process from within a corporate or in an advisory capacity
- Experience with transaction services projects within the Banking and/or Insurance sectors or across a broad spectrum of financial services sector
- Evidence of project management experience, across multiple operational workstreams, including involvement in running a Project Management Office and managing project staffing, budgeting, planning, status updating and reporting
- Demonstrated leadership capability, for example by leading teams or by developing new thought capital to commercializing new offerings in an advisory environment including business development, methodology creation, team building and marketing
- Proven ability to operate effectively in a highly matrix professional services environment
- Willingness to work as part of a team to meet aggressive client deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Advanced level knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Willingness to travel
We offer successful candidates an attractive remuneration package and the opportunity to work in a dynamic and exciting environment.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
© 2021 KPMG, a Hong Kong partnership and a member firm of the KPMG network of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"), a Swiss entity. All rights reserved.