Director, Solutions Architect, Asia
You are as unique as your background, experience and point of view. Here, you'll be encouraged, empowered and challenged to be your best self. You'll work with dynamic colleagues - experts in their fields - who are eager to share their knowledge with you. Your leaders will inspire and help you reach your potential and soar to new heights. Every day, you'll have new and exciting opportunities to make life brighter for our Clients - who are at the heart of everything we do. Discover how you can make a difference in the lives of individuals, families and communities around the world. Job Description: Job description
Report to Head of Asia Technology Strategy and Transformation, the Director, Insurance Digital Architect is accountable for leading the solutioning for various IT initiatives such as Digital, IT Roadmaps, Legacy Replacement, infrastructure given the 2020 business vision.
- Accountable to lead IT Architecture for all the projects and programs focused on Digital including mobile apps, data analytics, infrastructure, legacy systems, etc.
- This includes solution evaluation to ensure high degree of sustainability that can integrate seamlessly into existing technology.
- Collaborate with Business Partners and Account Leaders to build and refresh application roadmaps to ensure all the underlying technology and application versions are current and are inline with industry trends.
- Translate and align the strategic business direction to into multi-year strategic roadmaps.
- Provide governance on solution architecture and technology standards across the region.
- Deep understanding of the Financial Services industry. Over 3 years of working in multi-national insurance companies at the regional level is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in developing complex insurance solutions, including digital applications, business transformation, solution architecture and design, etc.
- Experience in all phases of the software development lifecycle, and with a broad range of platforms, including transitioning from legacy systems to digital.
- Industry experience for Individual Life, Asset Management, Pension and Group Business.
- Understanding of common patterns, frameworks, and reference architectures for Insurance domain.
- Experience in developing IT roadmaps with senior executives and able to influence and communicate effectively on the adoption of technologies for innovations.
- Proven experience in using Agile approach for development with frequent sprints for business benefits realization.
- Experience in leading the design and/or development of solutions with a virtual team of over 10 members in remote locations.
- Strong appreciation of and proven commitment to achieving and exceeding business objectives by selecting appropriate technology solutions
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, able to engage conversations at all levels of senior management.
- Ability to establish and maintain a high level of trust and confidence with clients.
- Bachelor degree preferably with Master degree in Computer Science or Engineering discipline.
- 10+ years in a large IT organization Architecture role, preferably 5+ years in a multi-national financial services company especially insurance.
- 5+ years' experience in mobile development, 3 of which in the capacity of Development and/or Design Lead.
- 3+ years' experience acting in the capacity of Programme Director / Senior Project Manager for sizable IT projects.
- Ability to speak in business terms, as well as the ability to effectively communicate both internally and externally
- Mature, confident, and performance-oriented
- Capable of developing strong relationships with all levels of management
- Must possess excellent problem solving skills for large complicated and broad issues and able to work independently.
- Complex environment with a mix of technologies and different levels of IT maturities in each business unit.
IT - Application Development Posting End Date: