Director, Sanctions Advisory - Regional - Global European Bank
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Huxley APAC
- 02 Nov 17 2017-11-02
Covering Greater China and North Asia, the role is a Senior Sanctions Advisory position with managerial responsibilities of a team size of about 5.
Our client is an International Bank with businesses in Retail & Wholesale Banking. They have a rich history in Hong Kong and have a large presence in the market here.
Managing a small team of 5, the role requires the incumbent to lead the Sanctions Advisory team with key responsibilities, not limited to the below:
- Ensure that there is adequate support (people, processes, tools, frameworks, systems) in the [Region/Country/Department] for necessary FCC controls in particular to Sanctions
- Analyse comprehensive impact of financial crime related regulatory matters on the relevant business area and its operations.
- Ensure that key changes (to laws, rules, regulations) are communicated and cascaded (in region/country), in coordination with group communications.
- Keep track of and provide advice to relevant stakeholders on the interpretation and application of regulatory expectations, laws, best practices and policies related to Sanctions
- Develop, keep up to date and recommend for approval by the relevant Risk Committee, appropriate policies/processes
- Providing governance and oversight over the implementation of Sanctions-related policies and procedures
- Provide leadership, management and coaching to direct reports to ensure they are highly engaged and performing to their potential.
- Deliver/support Sanctions training programs to meet the training needs of FCC.
- Attend relevant leadership meetings.
The successful candidate should have:
- Strong Sanctions Advisory experience, about 10 years' in a Sanctions Advisory role, OFAC and Banking
- Experience managing a small team
- Regional experience a plus.
- Role will be based in Hong Kong, and for the right candidate, relocation assistance can be considered
To find out more about Huxley please visit www.huxley.com
Huxley is part of the larger SThree group
Award winner of International Recruitment Company of the Year by Recruitment International 2016 and "Best Companies to Work For in Hong Kong" by Great Place to Work 2017