- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Hong Kong
- 22 Nov 17
Director, Regulatory Compliance
- Location: Hong Kong
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.Standard Chartered is a leading international bank operating in some of the most dynamic markets in the world, in Asia, Africa and the Middle East. Our successful and sustainable business is built on doing tangible, long term good for our people, our customers and the communities we serve.
- To promote, lead and manage the culture and practice of compliance with the letter and spirit of legal and regulatory requirements and ethical standards in the conduct of business
- To assist the Director of Regulatory Compliance, Hong Kong in providing leadership and management in Compliance support and monitoring compliance related risks, to ensure that the Bank and its subsidiaries operate in accordance with all internal and external compliance requirements, and in implementing compliance monitoring checks and controls
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Assisting the Head, Regulatory Compliance, Hong Kong in: -
- identifying, assessing and monitoring compliance risk
- managing and implementing compliance monitoring controls
- advising senior management on applicable laws, rules and standards
- establishing the Bank's compliance procedures and guidelines, and ensuring that they remain effective
- reporting regularly to, and advising senior management on, compliance matters
- developing team members to maximise their strength and potentials
Qualifications and Skills
- Degree holder
- Around 3 to 5 years of internal audit or review experience
- Knowledge in basic banking regulation e.g. Code of Banking Practice, Data Privacy etc.
- Strong commercial sense
- Ability to collaborate and work with all stakeholders
- Understanding risk management and controls
- Exemplary integrity, independence and resilience
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Standard Chartered is an equal opportunity employer. We have a meritocratic culture where each individual employee is valued and respected for who they are as a person and for what they bring to the organisation.