Director, Non-Financial, Card Liabilities and SDM
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities Process and Team Management
- To ensure efficient and effective scope of operations is always in place within teams covering various processing work, support and services, system functionality and stability, risk and control.
- To keep a high-quality output of work for all types of Retail Banking products including but not limited to Static Data Maintenance and Card Maintenance at all time and be delivered to customers at competitive costs.
- To streamline workflow and procedures and introduce automation process in order to cope with the ever-changing needs of the market and on-going expansion of businesses.
- To promote the concept of cross-function support, multi-skills training and experiences sharing to all staff members of the department.
- To provide full operational support to various business initiatives.
- To balance and to allocate suitable manpower and resources for "high and low" business seasons according to marketing conditions and needs.
- To cultivate good channels of communication with colleagues at all levels and listen to their comments and feedback on any concerned matters.
- To stimulate staff morale within teams and helping to resolve any arising problems and grievances.
- The execution of strategies and policies as laid down by senior management including centralization of various operational functions, streamlining and elimination of excessive processing procedures, migration of job activities to Hub Centres (Tianjin ) in cost-effective ways.
- Evaluation, customization, testing and implementation of system enhancements while strengthening risk control, improving service quality, reducing operational cost and enhancing productivity.
- On-going review and modification of departmental operational procedures and to cater for both system environment and business changes in order that the highest efficiency of system features and staff resources are employed.
- Reporting any system issues and problems to PSS team for quick resolution and coordinate with all affected business units and branch network on emergency action and contingency plan resulted from these issues and problems.
- Support innovation, digitization or straight through process for any operations and processing work, and act as coordinator among various functions / channels for related initiatives.
- Defining clear roles and responsibilities for all subordinates and provide them with proper guidance.
- Promoting good leadership image to all staff among teams and to stimulate staff morale and commitments to their jobs.
- Providing operation support by sharing advice and consultation for project delivery.
- Complying with all regulatory requirements and policies such as PDPAO, FATCA and AMLO, strict adherence to CDD checking procedures, ensuring no violation of related regulatory requirements and report any suspicious activities to BRM, line manager and designated L&C personnel, whenever necessary.
- Adhering to all policies and guidelines as laid down in Group Operational Risk - Policy and Procedures Manual. Special attention to be paid to Key Risk Indicators and Key Control Self-Assessment reporting
- To report team's OR issues and losses to BRM.
- To identify and report all exceptions on non-compliance with standard controls.
- To identify and report all weaknesses inherent in the standard controls.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Embed Here for good and Group's brand and values.
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
- With experience in Retail Banking Operations and has experience as people manager in leading teams for processing.
- Ability to deliver cost target and drive transformation by constant process re-engineering, driving automation and participate in business projects and initiatives.
- Ability to work independently and participate in projects in designing new process flow for new product launched.
- Ability to liaise with stakeholders including Group and Business for different initiatives.
- Ability to lead and provide guidance to team in delivering the BAU operations.
- Fluent English and Mandarin.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.