Director, Markets Products Specialist, Equities, WM
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities & Our Ideal Candidate Strategy
- Awareness and understanding of the Group's business strategy and model appropriate to the role
- Strategize and execute long term strategic plans and tactical plans to capture business opportunities within the footprint of SCB in HK
- To assist Cash Equities Team Head in achieving revenue target
- To provide securities execution and advisory services to business and clients
- To provide market update to relationship managers
- To advise colleagues on optimal system use
- To provide guidance to the team members where necessary
- To build a good relationship with external brokers and vendor
- Ensure WMPS Cash Equities HK has the best execution platform to enable scalability of the business
- Ensure WMPS Cash Equities HK has a strong execution platform to enable relevance of WMPS products for Private Banking that it serves across all its markets
People and Talent
- To understand our market competitors and improve our competitiveness
- To monitor and analyze business KPIs and take necessary actions as to attain business goals
- To work closely with relationship managers for continual enrichment of cash equities knowledge
- To work closely with various business partners to achieve best returns
- To work closely with Risk and Control Team to ensure proper functioning of day-today controls, periodic monitoring activities and timely resolution of risk issues.
- To strictly follow the internal and external regulatory requirements and ensure that best execution practices are in line with these necessary standards.
- Ensure all in house training to complete entirely and timely
- Ensure professional skills and/or knowledge in trading and stock market keeping up to date
- Identify, monitor, manage and control business, operations, governance and compliance risk with regards to WMPS Cash Equities HK business
- Ensure conformity with the relevant internal and external rules and regulations
- Ensure that sales, advisory and execution are fully compliant with internal and external policies and regulations
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Ensure all Cash Equities products have the necessary CAs, Product Approval and DOI
- Ensure all Cash Equities team member adhere to FM Code of Conduct, and have the necessary certifications and training
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles : Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Constantly engage with Client Segment Heads to understand their product needs, support them on product ideas, design and provide best execution for WMPS Cash Equities activities
- Engage with Client Segment Heads on a periodic basis to address any issues they may have in relation to WMPS Cash Equities activities
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.