Director, Head of China Strategy
Description About this role
BlackRock is hiring a Head of China Strategy to spearhead the buildout of the firm's onshore China business. This role is responsible for setting business-level strategy, driving large, cross-functional initiatives, and ensuring strong connectivity across the platform onshore and offshore to deliver on the firm's strategic agenda for China. To be successful, the candidate needs to be a self-starting leader who can balance independent action with close partnership with multiple stakeholders. The candidate must be able to understand and develop a clear business strategy and concurrently manage complex projects and activities across a matrixed business. Key Responsibilities:
- Developing and implementing BlackRock's China strategy, in collaboration with global and regional leadership, as well as our onshore and offshore China teams and external partners
- Working with senior management and business units to determine strategic objectives and how to best execute upon them (considering both organic and inorganic opportunities)
- Supporting specific strategic initiatives and projects that promote the implementation of our long-term strategy
- Working across the business and corporate teams to provide periodic updates on business / regional performance and strategy
- Supporting senior management in the preparation of key communications, strategy offsites and leadership conferences
- Leading and coaching junior members of the team, providing guidance and mentorship for specific work delivery as well as overall career development
- Bachelor's or equivalent degree; MBA or post-graduate degree a plus
- 10+ years of industry experience preferred, ideally in asset management, investing/private equity, consulting or investment banking; Experience with joint venture and alliance deals preferred
- Familiar with China's multi-layered financial system and financial service industry
- Experience with M&A transactions. Familiar with end-to-end transaction process (screening, deal structuring, negotiations, valuation, due diligence, post-merger integration)
- Superb communication skills - spoken and written English and Mandarin
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas, both written and oral, to internal and external audiences across levels of seniority
- Ability to work effectively at all levels of an organization and build strong relationships with team members, managers, and senior executives in multiple locations
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.