As a leading investment bank in China and Hong Kong region, the investment banking arm of Bank of China, BOC International Holdings Limited (“BOCI”), is now seeking highly motivated, creative and success-oriented professional who would like to pursue the career in our group.
The successful candidate will be the leader for managing the Data Governance Team and change manager for related initiatives as well as other initiatives related to control process or fintech tools developments. Though reporting within Business Operations Division, Data Governance Team is responsible firmwide development of data governance framework. This is a dynamic role suitable for candidates who constantly look for new challenges and with a strong will to strive for improvements and success. Major responsibilities include:
- Lead, own and drive BOCI Data Governance Framework to make sure it is in line with Head Office and Regulator requirements and expectations.
- Drive the adoption and implementation of business innovation and FinTech strategies in light of process efficiency including but not limited to Robotic Process Automation.
- Perform business-as-usual and project tasks related to process control / advisory, operational risk and both internal and external control demands.
- Project manage the initiatives across different areas under the same Team Head’s management.
Data Governance & Change Management (70-80%)
- Develop and oversee data governance and its related policies and guidelines for the group.
- Work with Head Office for the implementation of data governance and data standard related policies and processes to make sure it is in line with Head Office requirements and expectations.
- Be the facilitator to execute Group’s data governance initiatives taking into account the appropriate local regulatory or user requirements, and project manage the process or systems changes.
- Ensure the Group is in compliance with both internal policies and standards as well as external regulation and industry’s requirements and best practices.
- Project manage all related projects or initiatives driven by Head Office, regulatory or business requirements, from project initiation, user and system requirements analysis, management of UAT to implementation, produce regular progress status report for reporting to senior management.
- For existing robotic process automation (“RPA”) solution or other automation / fintech projects arise from time to time, be the business project manager, and workstream-lead to work with process owners on analyzing and transforming their existing processes into ‘to-be’ process.
- Drive, formulate, cost monitor of any innovative and transformational projects in relation to RPA or other technologies which match with the Group’s strategy and FinTech roadmap.
- Support the ongoing refinement of the existing RPA framework, policy and practice, in particular to safeguard the first line of defense in accordance to compliance and internal control.
- Track any RPA process disruptions and production incidents, resolve the issues; and derive lesson learnt cases for RPA continuity development.
Operations Control (20-30%)
- Assist to manage, such as being backup of, the Control Team which conducts position reconciliation and relevant work for safeguarding house’s and clients’ assets in accordance with regulatory and internal control requirements.
- Handle regulatory enquiries and reporting as well as drive for process efficiency of report compilation along with high data accuracy
- Keep abreast of changes in regulation, identify and analysis both process and technology impacts within Operations
- Be system administrator for certain banking systems and as backup for signature verification control regarding client asset protection.
- Degree holder with business related disciplines
- Minimum 8 - 10 year experience gained from Investment banking in change management related to data governance and process control transformation.
- Sound knowledge in change and project management area.
- Good multi-tasking skills.
- Certifications / Professional qualification – PMP or CSSBB is an advantage, qualified accountant preferred but not essential.
- Good command in both written and spoken Cantonese, English and Mandarin. Able to articulate ideas in both spoken and written manners; and able to prepare presentation, executive summary and required documentation independently.
- Candidate with less but relevant experience maybe considered for the position of Associate Director.
Notes to applicants:
- Please apply in strict confidence with full resume, academic record, current and expected salaries.
- The personal data provided will be used for consideration of recruitment only. All personal data of unsuccessful candidate will be destroyed within 24 months.
- Candidates with Enhanced Competency Framework (ECF): please state on the CV.