Director, Customer and Operations - Banking Transformation
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- KPMG (China and Hong Kong SAR)
- 10 Dec 18
KPMG China operates in 18 cities across China, with around 12,000 partners and staff in Beijing, Beijing Zhongguancun, Changsha, Chengdu, Chongqing, Foshan, Fuzhou, Guangzhou, Hangzhou, Nanjing, Qingdao, Shanghai, Shenyang, Shenzhen, Tianjin, Wuhan, Xiamen, Hong Kong SAR and Macau SAR. KPMG is a global network of professional services firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services. We operate in 154 countries and territories, and have 200,000 people working in member firms around the world.
In KPMG's Management Consulting practice, we don't limit ourselves to either strategy or implementation, we deliver both. Our Customer and Operations Advisory capability in Hong Kong is evolving with exciting opportunities, providing enthusiastic individuals the opportunity to be part of its growth journey. Our aim is to help our banking clients capture and grow the value of their customers, move towards new operating models which can both deliver expected returns while embedding evolving compliance requirements.
Banking Transformation's focus is to provide advice to clients on how to drive their business operations from customer activities to back office services and compliance, while creating significant value through high quality delivery.
Our banking clients face challenges covering multiple aspects or their operations and we help them
- Embed operational excellence and drive quality and efficiency
- Drive revenue and growth in traditional and disruptive channels
- Optimise their operations to achieve top management's strategy
- Architect and implement new operating models to address cost pressures while meeting external and internal customer expectations
- Deliver an exceptional digital experience
- Manage the innovation process to capitalise on market disruption and uncertainty
Our Banking Transformation Advisory projects are rarely standalone and the successful candidate will need to work with capabilities and solutions drawn from across broader KPMG teams.
We are looking for candidates with specific experience and skills
- Excellent industry knowledge and experience in one or more of the following: Banking, Securities, Asset Management
- In-depth experience designing and delivering projects in one or more of the following: Banking Optimization and Transformation, Target Operating Model design and implementation, Digitalisation and Robotics
- Strong expertise in one or more of the following capabilities: Corporate / Retail Banking Customer Services, OTC or Exchange Trading - front to back, Middle Office operations, Regulatory Compliance in banks, Fintech, Regulatory Reporting process
The responsibilities attributable to this role will include some or all of the following
- Act as an engagement director in the delivery of banking transformation projects ensuring projects are managed and delivered on time and to budget
- Lead business development initiatives including bid proposal and contract/commercial management
- Identify market trends in terms of market needs and activities, and lead the build and action of go-to- market plans and internal awareness
- Develop relationships to identify and shape future solutions and engagements working internally and externally
- Continue to professionally develop and grow your personal capability to contribute to the firm
- Play an active role within the Customer & Operation team in coaching and developing more junior team members
You bring to the role
- You are talented, passionate and have a track record in excelling in the design and delivery of superior
- Client experiences
- You are motivated by a strong sense of empathy with clients and care about delivering great outcomes for them
- You are degree-qualified with post qualification experiences in either a consulting organisation, relevant banking experience vendor or relevant in-house industry role
- You are adept at using design thinking as well as structured thinking to develop ideas that can be implemented
- You have practical experience in leading banking transformation projects
- You are a strong communicator with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- You are self-motivated and enjoy working in strong and collaborative team environments
- You enjoy guiding and mentoring more junior staff to develop their careers
We offer successful candidates an attractive remuneration package and the opportunity to work in a dynamic and exciting environment.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
© 2018 KPMG, a Hong Kong partnership and a member firm of the KPMG network of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"), a Swiss entity. All rights reserved.