Whether you're at the start of your career or looking to discover your next adventure, your story begins here. At Citi
, you'll have the opportunity to expand your skills and make a difference at one of the world's most global banks. We're fully committed to supporting your growth and development from the start with extensive on-the-job training and exposure to senior leaders, as well as more traditional learning. You'll also have the chance to give back and make a positive impact where we live and work through volunteerism. Shape your Career with Citi
Citi's Risk Management
organization oversees Citi's risk governance framework and risk appetite, ensures all risks generated by the firm's businesses are measured, reviewed, and monitored on an ongoing basis.
We're currently looking for a high caliber professional to join our team as Director, Credit Portfolio Senior Group Manager - Hybrid
(Internal Job Title: Credit Portfolio Senior Officer II - C15
) based in Hong Kong. Being part of our team means that we'll provide you with the resources to meet your unique needs, empower you to make healthy decision and manage your financial well-being to help plan for your future. For instance:
In this role, you're expected to:
- Citi provides access to an array of learning and development resources to help broaden and deepen your skills and knowledge as your career progresses.
- We have a variety of programs that help employees balance their work and life, including generous paid time off packages.
- We offer our employees resources and tools to volunteer in the communities in which they live and work. In 2019, Citi employee volunteers contributed more than 1 million volunteer hours around the world.
As a successful candidate, you'd ideally have the following skills and exposure:
- Manage Citi's portfolio exposure to client and counterparties globally by leading activities including wholesale credit reviews and approvals, monitoring of the Citi Global Wealth (CGW) North Asia portfolio, as well as leading all Hong Kong regulatory and governance activities relating to risk oversight of the Citi Private Bank (CPB) business. The credit products for the CPB portfolio include Margin Lending, Global Capital Markets, Commercial Real Estate, Residential Real Estate, Insurance Premium Financing, Aircraft Financing, Art Financing, Secured Tailored and Unsecured Financing.
- Represent CPB Risk on the Hong Kong Country Risk Management Committee and all other Hong Kong franchise related Committees or Forums as applicable.
- Act as the central point of contact, interface with the Hong Kong Chief Risk Officer and lead all Hong Kong regulatory and governance related matters relating to CPB. This includes interfacing with local regulators, Internal Audit and Fundamental Credit Review.
- Interface with coverage bankers or client advisors, in-business credit and product partners in order to challenge credit transaction origination flow through the greenlight and credit approval process, and ensure that all relevant Risk partners engage in and influence the direction of any complex, bespoke transactions.
- Reviewer and Credit Approver for Episodic Deals as well as Initial, Annual and Interim Credit Reviews within delegated credit authority.
- Partner with other Risk Units such as Financial Institutions & Counterparty Credit Risk Management (FICC), Institutional Clients Group (ICG) Real Estate Risk, Retail Credit Risk to ensure extensions of credit reflect CGW risk appetite, are in full compliance with all applicable Policies, Standards and Procedures, and target market criteria. In case of less than full compliance, ensure that exceptions are identified, escalated, approved and monitored in line with all applicable Policies, Standards and Procedures.
- Provide independent second line risk oversight of the CPB North Asia regional credit portfolio including credit portfolio management and stress testing as required by applicable Policies, Standards and Procedures. Escalate emerging trends and specific risks in a diligent and timely manner as necessary.
- Conduct client calls where required for material multi-product credit relationships.
- Actively participate in ongoing portfolio reviews at the Regional as well as Credit Product level.
- Identify and execute risk mitigation opportunities, reduce risks and concentration and to improve returns or capital allocation.
- Work in partnership with the Special Assets Team for any remedial names.
- Evaluate and recommend Risk approval for relevant Credit Policies, Standards and Procedures, Product Programs, and regional guidelines that support the CGW offerings in the region.
- Participate in global or regional remediation and transformation workstreams as required.
- Support and challenge ongoing CGW integration and growth strategy.
- Lead risk management activities associated with the wholesale and retail credit portfolio
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Preferably a Senior Credit Officer (SCO)
- Extensive years of experience in financial services and risk management required, with relevant credit or lending experience with a broad exposure to various products
- Knowledge of asset classes such as Real Estate, Equities, Fixed Income, Derivatives
- Proficient in anticipating portfolio risk changes that may result from regulation, business initiatives and/or socio-political or macroeconomic developments
- Solid early problem recognition skills - the ability to identify and clearly communicate deterioration in portfolio or credit quality and anticipate potential loss
- Experience with portfolio performance monitoring and diagnostics
- Proven analytic and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated success in managing risk policy or strategy through the economic cycle and/or in various environments
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Bachelor's degree or University degree or equivalent experience
- Master's degree preferred
Working at Citi is far more than just a job. A career with us means joining a family of more than 230,000 dedicated people from around the globe. At Citi, you'll have the opportunity to grow your career, give back to your community and make a real impact. Take the next step in your career, apply for this role at Citi today
------------------------------------------------- Job Family Group:
------------------------------------------------- Job Family:
Credit & Portfolio Risk Management
------------------------------------------------------ Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting