Director Client Development & Sales - Props
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
The Director, Client Development & Sales (APAC Props) will promote CME Group's products and services to the proprietary trading community in North Asia. This sales role includes all our listed futures and options business lines. The Director will work with existing proprietary trading partners as well as prospect for new customers. The position will be in HK and work closely with the other members of the CD&S Props, Buyside and Sell-side team, as well as members of CME's market research, education and marketing teams in other cities and regions where appropriate. The primary objective of the position is to increase revenue for the Props Segment specifically, and where appropriate, across all asset classes via converting cross-sale opportunities. Accountabilities:
- Identify and build relationships with key decision makers at targeted proprietary trading firms in North Asia. Help build expanded awareness of CME Group futures throughout the proprietary trading community.
- Understands the targeted client's organization, strategy, objectives and develops relevant account plans
- Develop & Offer knowledge and understanding of futures, options, and derivative trading strategies
- Promote CME Group's products and services at relevant industry events , conferences and industry associations, presenting benefits of trading CMEG products at customer events and tradeshows
- Develop an understanding of all the CME business lines in order to help facilitate cross product development and enhance cross sell opportunities
Measures of success:
- Sales and Relationship Management: Serve as the primary point of contact for all assigned accounts and proactively identify opportunities to expand relationship
- Support the creation of sales, educational and marketing content and execute strategy to distribute the content to the target client-base in the region
- Project management: Manage and prioritize own projects and projects assigned to internal support teams (e.g. Marketing, Marketing Web, Market Data)
- Attend industry events and maintain awareness of changes that may impact competitive position
- Responsible for the tracking of volume and revenue numbers generated by Prop partners in the region
Experience and Qualifications
- Revenue / Volume for client segment
- Number / revenue / volume of new clients
- Globalization of client-base
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent desired but not essential
- Demonstrable experience in derivative product sales and marketing; including Client Relationship Management system (preferably Salesforce) proficiency
- Experience developing and executing successful sales / account strategies and plans.
- Strong customer service skills and demonstrated ability to interact effectively across all levels of an organization including senior level management
- Demonstrated success working within the proprietary trading community, with prior knowledge of Exchange infrastructure and connectivity technology an advantage
- Well-developed networking and relationship building skills, complemented by strong sales management skills
- Mandarin proficiency