Director - Trust & Fiduciary Services
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Captiare Limited
- 16 Apr 19
Our client is an international bank with established Trust & Fiduciary services business. The role will maintain client relationship at the senior level, front regulators of the business and oversee the service delivery and operations.
- Drive the trustee agenda in accordance with strategy as set forth by the group management.
- Develop; implement and champion key activities required driving forward business objectives such as key deal reviews, strategic product programs and business review.
- Represent the business to internal and external constituents including relevant regulators as the senior representative of the Company.
- Support business initiatives by participating in compliance-related meetings, externally and internally, delivering training and developing compliance policies and procedures.
- Maximize product quality and address service quality issues; ensure client satisfaction and measure it through quantitative KPIs.
- Contribute to the work of the Client Development / Product teams to meet up with new prospects and be involved in the planning and execution of business strategies involving Trust and Fiduciary activities including participating in due diligence discussion.
Coordination/ Cooperation with internal/external stakeholders:
- Understand local legal and regulatory matters affecting the business; create and manage action plans to drive forward expansion into new products and services in line with these regulatory changes.
- Ensure Trust & Fiduciary activities are conducted in strict compliance with all applicable rules and regulations & client entities are compliant with Codes, SFO, MPF, regulatory requirements and fund-specific documentation.
- Facilitate the risk assessment of compliance policies and procedures, and develop testing plans in ensuring they are effectively implemented and documented.
- Respond to consultations and monitor market developments to ensure rules, policy and practice remains current and appropriate to the market & regulatory environment.
- Review and provide comments in relation to clients’ constitutional documents.
- Participate in negotiation of all relevant service agreements with clients to ensure all Group interests are protected.
- Coordinate the implementation of directives/management points as recommended by Risk, Management, Compliance, Internal or External Auditors, which have been accepted by the management.
- Evaluate and assess any regulatory changes, including the impact on the Client Delivery domains and business opportunities (in close cooperation with Client Lines) which may arise due to the changes. In addition, provide leadership and guidance to affected teams ensuring the changes are implemented within the regulatory guidelines or framework.
- Exhibit leadership to address any challenges or material development in discharging the fiduciary duties and responsibilities, and escalate to senior management attention (if required).
- Oversee and take full ownership of the Trust & Fiduciary services including preparation, organizing and chairing the Board of Director meeting for the Company.
- Monitor the financials of the Company & assist the company secretarial department in submission of regulatory returns of the Company.
- Participate in system enhancements and user acceptance tests in raising efficiency and productivity.
- Supervise the daily activities conducted by team members (Funds supervision, delegates monitoring etc).
- Plan and oversee the resource allocation, staff scheduling to ensure adequate and optimization of human resources and positive client’s feedback.
- Update of Operating Procedures Manual and Operating Memorandums, ensuring reporting requirements are met.
- Ensure Conduct governance is fully operational, as per standard guidelines. Ensure conduct is a standard item at the agenda of management or team meetings, Conduct dilemmas are well managed and documented & an escalation process is in place.
- Be aware of the Conduct risks arising and make sure that appropriate mitigating processes and controls are in place.
- Ensure Conduct principles are fully embedded in processes including people management processes (appraisal, promotion, mobility, recruitment, …),
- Develop understanding of Conduct principles by ensuring staff participation to awareness & training sessions.
- Minimum 10 years in experience in legal, trust and other fiduciary services or equivalent experience.
- Self-starter with strong influencing skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Significant experience in managing clients' relationship.
- Risk awareness.
- Fluent English, Proficient in Mandarin/Cantonese preferred, excellent communication skills with good own initiative
- Attentive to details, strong organization and analytical skills.
- University graduated, with preference in holding professional qualification in Account or Legal profession.