Digital Transformation Manager
As part of the Core Enablement Team in Hong Kong, the Digital Transformation Manager provides program management leadership in driving Digital Transformation agenda of Cognizant HK's global and local enterprises.
The role is responsible for providing oversight of high value and quality delivery of transformation program that requires the coordination of development, technology or services work involving digital platforms as well as any associated integration components/services. Leadership in engaging our clients' business users, technology teams, in re-engineering their platforms with integration of any business systems within their ecosystems, from both a technical and functional perspective.
Strong domain knowledge of digital-enabled architecture is required to deliver effective end-to-end oversight and / or direct program management of all initiatives associated to the program through solution, initiation, planning, analysis, design, testing, implementation as well as rollout/stabilization and entails regular contact with program stakeholders to provide timely updates to all stakeholders on the progress of the projects, impacts to projects, major milestones and risks to projects. All aspects of program delivery up to smooth cutover of and transition into BAU state is expected. This role will provide leadership over a global/virtual team of solution architecture, business analyst, technical specialist, product specialist, functional and specialist testing, and/or external vendors.
This role has the exciting mandate of participating in end-to-end phases of an engagement, from pre-sales to solution design to actual delivery of implementation. The role will work closely with our top-notch client leadership team and delivery leadership team in developing strategies and solutions required to Win and Deliver. Responsibilities
- Establish program structure working with appropriate practice line managers to identify appropriate resources.
- Provide leadership and facilitate the work of cross-functional program/project teams by clarifying project objectives and defining tactics necessary to accomplish these objectives.
- Drive cross-functional team members to develop detailed project schedules and milestones, project plans, budget, scope, timeline and risks and risk mitigation plans to meet program requirements while maintaining positive team morale.
- Develop program budgets and integrate program costs into the organization-level budgets and financial forecasts. Track, manage and report cost throughout the program lifecycle.
- Lead and/or participate in the solution phase of the program, providing guidance to technical and architecture teams, to develop a solution plan comprising of overall technical design, delivery schedule, and cost.
- Own and maintain a complete program schedule and issues and risk list. Continually manage program expectations with team members, stakeholders and senior management by monitoring progress against the plan, escalating problems and issues that impact cost, scope or schedule and notifying affected departments.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from various project streams, and oversee the preparation and organization of Project Steering Committees.
- Manage assigned internal project team members as well as external implementation partners such as software vendors or technology consultancies.
- Contribute to the setup of the capability base project management (methodology, templates, best practices, etc...)
- Lead team to synthesize complex or diverse information; analyze situations, define key objectives, and develop strategies and action plans to ensure successful results for the program, team, customer, and the business.
- Partner with delivery and commercial leadership in activities starting from pre-sales to final go-live.
- Own and/or participate in one or more programs at one point in time.
- Degree in an IT related discipline. Certification from PMI, ACP or equivalent association required.
- 15 to 20 years of extensive program and project management experience in a complex and heterogeneous IT landscape, covering the full SDLC and knowledge in applying best practices/standard (e.g. ITIL, CMMI, Six Sigma).
- Proven track record in leading transformation programs, with in-depth understanding of drivers and enablers of digital transformation within companies, eg, Data, UI/UX, Cloud
- Proficient in project/program management methodologies; demonstrated ability to plan, schedule and coordinate a product development program and manage a cross-functional project team to deliver on time and within budget.
- Strong technical background of digital and enterprise resource planning systems commonly adopted by modernized enterprises, as well as good understanding of associated architecture standards.
- Have past experience in 3 or more following functional areas:
a) User Experience Design,
b) Design Thinking,
d) engagement platform across Omni-channel,
e) ecommerce (front and payment)
- Have past experience 3 or more of following implementation/engineering methodologies,
a) Full Stack Engineering,
b) Agile delivery methodology,
c) Green field digital application implementation in cloud native,
d) Legacy Enterprise to Cloud Application Modernisation
e) Implementation using Micro-services architecture
- Ability to identify and drive issues to a quick resolution while balancing the needs of the business, the customer and the team; demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple concurrent programs through prioritization.
- Proven record in excellent team and organizational leadership skills working with senior management and individual contributors; extensive experience developing, managing and mentoring collaborative cross-functional teams; ability to provide leadership and direction to project teams and the organization to ensure successful project execution; consummate team player with a positive, flexible and creative approach.
- Demonstrate strong understanding of business, strategic direction, organizational structure and overall business goals in order to define and validate complete program requirements with business sponsors.
- Ability to understand and apply technical solutions to business requirements to meet goals.
- Able to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations and write clearly and effectively at a high level; excellent ability to communicate program vision and collaboratively align diverse organizations; must have strong presentation and group facilitation skills.
For Banking domain candidates:
- Past delivery experiences in any of the banking domains; AML, FATCA, CRS, KYC, Credit Risk, Market Risk, Structured Products, Fixed income, Money Market, Securities, Derivatives, Funds, etc.
- Familiar with one or more following regulations; HKMA, HK SFC, AMCM, SEC, FCA, FDIC, SEC.