Digital Test Analyst - Retail Banking and Wealth Management
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential.
Retail Banking and Wealth Management serves millions of customers worldwide with a complete range of banking and wealth management services to enable them to manage their finances and protect and build their financial futures. It is a global business that brings together management responsibility for Retail Banking, Wealth Management, Insurance and Asset Management with a focus on customer-centric propositions and innovative and efficient distribution channels.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Digital Test Analyst
. Principal responsibilities
- Own and progress the resolution of day to day issues that may block progress such as blocking defects or environment issues
- Pre-empt and resolve potential issues that may impact future delivery such as resource constraints, downtime, late delivery
- Provide estimates for medium or large projects incorporating all appropriate test phases for your delivery such as functional and non functional, escalating and reporting to manager
- Review and validate estimates provided by coordinator where appropriate, challenging any concerns
- Effective use of resource on your project
- Use informed and considered decisions to drive implementation of improvements to make delivery more efficient saving time and or money such as automation and reuse of test artefacts
- Ensure project journey meets business and customer standards highlighting appropriately issues or improvements during requirements or testing phases
- Define correct ways of working and ensure filtered through to the team and they have appropriate support to adopt
- Build trusting relationships with stakeholders by consistently meeting and delivering upon their needs, demonstrating and being respected for your domain knowledge
- Active involvement within department teams to create a self-teach or learning culture. Professionalising practices such as data and new ways of working, creating a best place to work.
- Effective tests to cover requirements and customer behaviour to ensure defects are caught and do not make it through to live, including the mapping of these tests to requirements, for example writing test scripts from requirements or inputting into BDD tests
- Accountability for ensuring effective tests to cover requirements and customer behaviour to ensure defects are caught and do not make it through to live, including the mapping of these tests to requirements, for example writing test scripts from requirements or inputting into BDD tests and or automation scripts where applicable
- Challenging appropriately with a view to get the right result for the customer
- Define, monitor and manage productivity to be used for test progress
- Share best proactive and knowledge across test teams, demonstrating clear improvement in your performance or behaviours or advocating role model behaviours to peers.
- Buddying or coaching new starters on the processes and Quality Assurance discipline
- Have good knowledge of other testing functions and work completed such as Performance, Security
- May include leadership of up to eight full time employees.
- Training team on defect best practices, setting standards
- Advocate for sharing best practice and knowledge across test teams to create most effective processes across the bank
- Identify and implement ways to work more efficiently and effectively, and encourage others to do the same
- Attend or actively partake and create training courses to develop skill set. Evidence effective involvement in your own performance management, to aid your own career development
- Proactively identifying and utilizing appropriate industry tools relevant to your project needs, ensuring these are utilised to their full potential and others within your team are up skilled to use
- Adoption and use of testing standards and processes
- Chair or attend project update meetings, deliver project updates and escalate any known issues and concerns
- Adherence to mandatory objectives
- Alignment of activity to departmental governance
- Highlight any risks or improvements to departmental policies
- Quality Control
- Adoption and use of Global Test standards and processes
- Proactive and reactive resource management which is ensuring specialists are identified and are able to support testing activities
- Contribute to defining test governing standard set by Quality Assurance discipline to and ensure others follow
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- Excellent knowledge of the testing process, digital channels, and customer expectations
- A strong team player which is collaborative recognising their specialised role in the department and acknowledging other areas or individuals roles and responsibilities
- Excellent relationship management skills to satisfy a wide range of internal and external customers with conflicting priorities
- Excellent knowledge of the Agile development methodology and experience of working using these techniques
- Working knowledge of test tools such as Jira and Confluence
- ISTQB qualification
- Pragmatic decision making skills, with the ability to make clear judgments based on a range of factors, such as risk, customer experience and people to determine the implications and make recommendations as needed.
- Innovative with the ability to approach things differently or do different things to deliver goals
- Past working experience in a relevant role, such as Exploratory Quality Assurance Tester or Test Coordinator is desirable but not essential
- People leadership experience which is motivating and inspiring others to excel
- Highly developed communication skills, both written and verbal, to explain complex issues
- High levels of resilience and self-motivation
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.