Digital Product Manager - Retail Banking and Wealth Management
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- 23 Nov 17 2017-11-23
Some careers open more doors than others.
If you’re looking to unlock new job opportunities, take a look at the possibilities right on your doorstep here at HSBC.
Retail Banking and Wealth Management serves more than 50 million customers worldwide with a complete range of banking and wealth management services to enable them to manage their finances and protect and build their financial futures. It is a global business that brings together management responsibility for Retail Banking, Wealth Management, Insurance and Asset Management with a focus on customer-centric propositions and innovative and efficient distribution channels.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Digital Product Manager.
In this role, you will
- Responsibility for ensuring the proposition features are best in class, simple, easy to use and differentiating.
- Responsible for creatively solving the problems within their stream using both internal and external solutions such as OCR tech for streamlining processes and using APIs for processing and obtaining supplementary data.
- Role holder will understand several horizons of product development and should be at any one time able to articulate the product roadmap for the short term and the long term product vision
- Help in ensuring everything in the product is modularized in such a way that it can be plugged into the wider excosystem via APIs
- Accountable for the end to end customer experience of the Digital products within the role holder’s portfolio.
- Define and develop improvement opportunities across customer experience, commercial product sales and digitally native capabilities.
- Refine customer experience for new capabilities in partnership with Group Marketing, Proposition, Multichannel, and other key stakeholders.
- Be an effective team player through communication, performance management, development plans and reward and recognition practices.
- Build a culture of continuous improvement in customer experience and functionality deployment
- Works in a facilitative manner to build capability in progressing objectives, but does not lose sight of the profitability and productivity outcomes.
- Actively engages external organisations to understand market trends and seek opportunities for improvement through own team and matrix.
- Regular review to identify key risks, issues and interdependencies. Determine and apply appropriate mitigation strategies.
- Ensure an equal and balanced focus is maintained on operating and regulatory risks and ensure the Virtual Management Team positively
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Business or equivalent
- Deep technical knowledge and understanding of how the latest trends in data science and AI can improve business outcomes and UX
- Strong command of English language both verbal and written a must, with Chinese both simplified and traditional preferred
- Experienced in leading agile projects as a product owner and scrum master
- Experience in either digital payments, commerce or marketing a must
- Full understand of APIs and the value they create in connecting to the wider ecosystem
- Ability to work with many parties both internal and external to the bank
- Strong Analytical and Presentation skills.
- Experience with building consumer quality products, enabling business capability and objectives through technology
- Thorough understanding of needs discovery vs assumptions based solutioning
- Deep understanding of agile delivery principles and quality software engineering processes and practices
- Hands on experience leading product development teams like UX designers, software engineers and QA engineers on projects that touch a range of technical platforms digital, mainframe, server based
- Strong understanding of Digital business, while experience with travel, lifestyle, and other consumer product development is a strong advantage.
- An entrepreneurial drive, with the ability to deconstruct and solve problems, to investigate drivers and figure out why things happen
- Proven ability to build strong relationship across stakeholder groups with the ability to effectively influence and communicate across various business lines and units and at senior levels within the organisation.
- Customer focussed, results based approach, able to deliver to deadlines
- Demonstrates flexibly when addressing shifting or competing priorities.
- Proven ability to influence large teams without direct leadership authority.
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 0000A2KW
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited