* Development Manager in Major financial institution * Java, SQL and FIX * FX and derivatives domain
Our client is a major financial institution providing a full suite of financial services in the region. To cope with its expansion, they are looking for high caliber candidate to join this team.
Development Manager, FX etrading platform
Manage FX e-trading application in accordance with user needs and specifications. Create next-level solution to improve the system performance. Provide technical directions and support in the development and maintenance of FX e-Trading application.
- As a SME in FX e-Trading and focal point to manage relationship with IT and front office users.
- Ensure effective communication in place between users and IT team members within project and cross projects.
- Manage the relationship with development and infrastructure teams.
- Develop the high-level project plan, set objectives, identify resources, resolve constraints and deliver good quality application system.
- Develop, coach and mobilize the project team to achieve specific software development goals. Take part in the actual development work when necessary.
- Evaluate, identify potential challenges and develop contingency plan to minimize business risks.
- Maintain up-to-date project file and ensure the design work are well documented.
- Manage and provide technical support to ensure smooth 24 hours round the clock operation.
- Familiar with Software Development Life Cycle and Design Methodology.
- Degree holder Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematic, Statistic or similar experience.
- At least 10 years' experience in FX or derivatives software development
- At least 5 years' experience in project management and people management.
- Relevant market experience, FX and derivatives preferred.
- Know how with solid market practice knowledge on FX eTrading Platform or solutions.
- Strong business knowledge in banking industry or financial sector
- Solid regulatory and compliance experience combined with strong project management capabilities
- Solid experience and knowledge on FX eTrading solution technologies and architecture design.
- Hands on front office production support experience, especially in FX or derivatives products.
- Solid and hands on SQL and Java experience.
- Adept with using FIX protocol.
- Scripting skill will be an advantage.
- Strong knowledge on Linux/Unix and networking topologies e.g. TCP, UDP.
- Exposure to multiple computer platforms.
- Good insight to technology trend and new technology
- Familiar with Software Development Life Cycle and design methodology.
- Strong vendor management skills and experience.