Development Manager - Java (up to 1.7mil HKD base)
- Up to 1.7mil HKD/annum + bonus
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Gravitas Recruitment Group
- 08 Oct 18
Our client is a leading insurance firm globally. They have currently launched a greenfield project in the APAC region, and are looking for a regional manager to spearhead it and promote its use firm-wide. They are looking for an extremely technical senior developer / manager to join the team, and expect that this will be the most technical team in the firm (out of thousands of engineers).
The project is a versatile core platform that will be used ideally by all the teams within the firm. It has been majorly successful in the U.S. headquarters, so they are looking to replicate its success in APAC. The right candidate for this role will be in charge of driving the use of the platform in the firm, liaising with many internal stakeholders and breaking down the technical aspects to different teams. Although the role will not require hands-on coding (this will be delegated to the developers), it is expected that the candidate has a strong coding background and is extremely technical.
- Step into a managerial role and take the next step in your career, without management experience.
- Join the insurance industry, known for its stability and excellent benefits. No prior business logic / industry experience required.
- Take part in one of the most high profile projects within the firm, and lead extremely talented and technical individuals. Work with like-minded, passionate technologists.
- Be able to see your impact on an enterprise-level platform, and have $1M annual budget under your direct control for resources.
Who should apply?
- Educational background in Computer Science or equivalent, with 8+ years of working experience.
- Mobile development experience is a plus, especially in iOS.
- Very well versed with both DevOps and Agile methodologies as well as test-driven development and ci/cd principles.
- Very strong communication skills in English, with demonstrated stakeholder management experience.
- Passion for technologies and experimenting with emerging tech, as well as understanding when to implement these.
Interested candidates, please press APPLY to the role and attach your latest CV. A consultant will be in touch with you shortly to discuss the details, should you be shortlisted for the position.