- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- 24 Apr 19
FWD spans Hong Kong, Macau, Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam and Japan. In Hong Kong, FWD offers life and medical insurance, general insurance, employee benefits, and financial planning. FWD is focused on creating fresh customer experiences, with easy-to-understand and relevant products, supported by digital technology. Through this customer-led approach, FWD aims to become a leading pan-Asian insurer that changes the way people feel about insurance.
FWD is the insurance business of investment group, Pacific Century Group. The life insurance and general insurance operating entities have been assigned strong financial strength ratings by international rating agencies. While FWD Life Insurance Company (Bermuda) Limited has been affirmed 'A3' by Moody's and 'A' by Fitch, FWD General Insurance Company Limited has also received 'A' rating from Fitch, all with a stable outlook.
In Hong Kong & Macau, FWD has been providing quality services to around 534,000 customers with over 730 staff.
If you are looking for a company where can fuel your inspiration and cultivate your expertise, join us on our exciting journey.
- Hands-on lead development role for the iFWD website
- Lead development team to roll out new products and campaigns on iFWD HK ecommerce site
- Manage and grow a development team to deliver highly reliable, robust and manageable website
- Provide technical leadership
- Review, design, and develop solutions and architecture
- Drive and lead the transformation to the next generation websites
- Mentor developers by providing guidance in standards and insights for quality control and assurance
- Perform code reviews for internal and external developers
- Participate in project scheduling and resources planning
- Collaborate with product owner, business users, designers and different stake holders to define user requirements and expected results.
- Research & design new solutions to improve efficiency, scalability and automation
- Monitor the site performance and traffic
- Proficiency in full stack web development
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline, or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in development
- 1+ year of experience in leading a team
- Proficient in Git, Git Workflow and Command-line tools
- Proficient in build tool such as Webpack, Gulp and etc.
- Experience with eCommerce will be a plus
We offer 5-day work, 20-22 days annual leaves, excellent learning & development opportunities and an attractive package to the right candidate.
Information collected will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purpose. The company will retain all applications no longer than 24 months of which will be destroyed thereafter. When there are vacancies in any of our subsidiaries, holding companies, associated or affiliated companies of, or companies controlled by, or under common control with the Company during that period, we may transfer your application to them for consideration of employment. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, disability or family status in employment process.