Dev Ops SRE - Trading Technology - Trade Floor Support
Our Asset and Wealth Management division is driven by innovators like you who are driven to create technology solutions that make us work more efficiently and help our businesses grow. It's our mission to efficiently take care of our clients' wealth, helping them get, and remain properly invested. Across 27 cities, our team of 4,600 agile technologists thrive in a cloud-native environment that values continuous learning using a data-centric approach in developing innovative technology solutions.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you. The Team
As a member of our Software Engineering Group you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions. You'll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and reliability that goes into creating and running high quality software products. You'll be tasked with keeping the team and other key stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what's being developed. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development-such as Agile frameworks-is key. And best of all, you'll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world. The role
The Trading Technology team are looking for the very best and brightest agile technologists across the globe to be part of a multi-year program to revolutionize how the buy-side executes in the market. In short our ambition is to turn trading from an art to a science by building industry leading technology platforms to manage orders, execute trades across the full array of cross asset products and automate the trading lifecycle. As a DevOps Engineer, your role is to promote DevOps and SRE practices to the team, identify toil and observability opportunities, and create self-service or autonomous solutions which modernize to reduce toil and increase monitoring and observability, stability, and resiliency across the Trading platforms. An ideal candidate will:
- Have very strong communication skills and be able to share others on DevOps / SRE principles and practices.
- Be comfortable working directly with traders and quants and collaborate across multiple technology teams, need to be able to run production support
- Be able to work as part of a global team to achieve project and organizational goals
- Have experience with Incident and Problem management processes, being accountable for resolution, root cause analysis and technology and business reporting and communication
- Have the troubleshooting skills to identify and mitigate difficult and complex technical problems and the coding skills to resolve those problems permanently through engineering and automation
- Be able to create high quality software using Agile/Scrum development practices, automated testing, and CI/CD pipelines
- Exhibit an infrastructure / config / everything as code mindset
At least 5 years of experience in a software engineering environment with a focus in DevOps.
Nice to have:
- Experience with disaster recovery planning, testing, auditing, risk analysis, business resumption planning and contingency planning
- Strong knowledge of SQL programming and Oracle Databases
- Strong observability experience: white & black box monitoring, telemetry collection, and data analysis tools such as Grafana, Geneos, Prometheus, InfluxDB, Kafka, Splunk, etc
- Strong knowledge in at least one programming language such as Python or Java and development tools such as GIT & Bitbucket
- Strong server OS scripting and automation experience (Windows or Linux)
- Experience with containers and container orchestration: Kubernetes, PKS, Docker
- Experience with Testing Tools like JUnit, Cucumber, JMeter
- Familiarity with best practices for infrastructure design for applications using Microservices, & APIs
- Public/Private Cloud Experience i.e. Pivotal Cloud Foundry, AWS
- Experience working as Fix Connectivity