DevOps Engineer - Virtual Banking
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
We're looking for a DevOps Engineer to work on site with our development team in our offices in Hong Kong and Singapore.
We're a very small, but growing company, with new and exciting problems to solve. We work in project-based sprints in small, interdisciplinary teams.
As a DevOps engineer you'd be able to work on and solve some of the many interesting challenges we are facing, learn new ways of working, and build delightful high quality products for our customers. Key Roles and Responsibilities
Qualifications and Skills
- Collaborate closely with our development and product teams in our fast-paced delivery environment
- Build a modern, automated, cloud native, continuously delivered distributed system
- Manage DevOps pipeline for multiple projects and teams
- Knowledge of technology best practices for building a modern automated devops platform
- Good understand of technologies and experience in building a highly scalable and fault tolerant system
- Self-starter, capable of working without direction and able to deliver projects from scratch
- Strong leader that can implement agile/lean practices
- DevOps toolchain experience: JIRA, Bitbucket (GIT), CircleCI, Draft, Brigade, Jenkins X, Artifactory etc.
- Configuration and continuous deployment tools experience - Ansible or SaltStack or Chef or Puppet.
- Strong scripting skills - Python and Bash.
- Cloud computing deployment and management experience - Gcloud, AWS or Azure with terraform.
- Container Management and container orchestration experience - Docker, Kubernetes.
- Monitoring tools Elastic Stack, Prometheus, Grafana.
- Good practical knowledge with SQL and NoSQL DB, PostgreSQL and Cassandra.
- Strong knowledge in messaging systems like Kafka or Solace or RabbitMQ.
- Strong knowledge of Linux/UNIX and TCP/IP
- Strong understanding and practice Agile/Lean projects SCRUM, KANBAN etc.
- Practical knowledge with Git flow, Trunk and GitHub flow branching strategies.
- Strong English communication skills
- Breadth of knowledge - operating systems, networking, distributed computing, cloud computing
- Familiar with Queueing Theory, BigData concepts, Hadoop, Kafka, Spark, Camel, Machine Learning technologies and environments
- Development experience in Java/Scala/Kotlin, Python, Node.js, HTML5, CSS3
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.