My client is looking for an experienced IT support who will be responsible for 1st/2nd line and Deskside support. The team is working closely with their peers throughout the Asia Pacific Region.
The HK IT Team Leader is accountable for the following areas:
- Management of all aspects of 3 ITO (IT officer) support in HK, thereby ensuring the provision of effective and efficient customer support of all information systems.
- Management of the relationship with end-users. Provide a point of escalation for all queries and issues.
- Relationship with the Regional and Global Service Desk and adherence to global standards.
- Relationship with peers in Asia Pacific and ensuring consistency in the delivery of IT Service.
- Work with the Senior IT Support Manager for Asia Pacific in hiring, training, counseling, and disciplining departmental employees. Generate performance evaluations for departmental employees.
- Promote effective Working Practises, work as a team member, and show respect for co-workers.
- Manage, train, and coach the HK ITO's; lead them in their professional and career development endeavours.
The role involves:
- Customer support: including but not limited to the provision of 1st and 2nd line support for the following IT Services, in liaison with the Service Desk Team:
- Omnia (Document Management System)
- Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio.
- Carpe Diem (Time Recording System)
- IP Telephony
- Workstations and Laptops
- Providing a timely resolution of incidents and problems.
- Ensuring accurate and timely records are maintained within Assyst.
- Liaising with local suppliers and take part in the invoice management process.
- To be recognised as the main point of contact for Deskside support in HK.
- Building a relationship with end users at all levels of seniority and being the face of IT Support in the HK office.
- Manage resources within the team so they are adequately skilled to perform the support activities as required and in line with agreed priorities.
- Works closely with the Asia Pacific Service Desk team, Local ITOs (Asia Pacific Deskside Team) for Asia Pacific offices and Asia Pacific Infrastructure team.
- Stay close to the end-users to ensure they are satisfied with the service received and to gather feedback.
- Works with suppliers to drive performance and deliver value for money services.
- Ensure that the technology area is well understood by all team members.
Role and Responsibilities
- Manage the HK IT team to deliver an outstanding quality of service to customers.
- Responsible for the Incident Management process.
- Works with the Regional IT Management and Team Leaders to ensure effective, seamless support for end users to include:
- Support of applications;
- Ensure effective hand-offs between teams;
- Ensure effective, reliable and efficient end to end processes (internal, external) are in place;
- Embed continuous improvement and lead by example;
- Operate within Service and Operational Level Agreements and performance reporting; and
- Ensure customer satisfaction levels (for example as reported in the Customer Satisfaction Survey) are maintained and reflect business requirements.
- As necessary investigate high impact incidents/problems through involvement in SWATs
- Maintain contact with end-users and proactively engage with them (floor walks, survey, presentations).
- Strong people management and organisational skills with a proven track record in managing teams in a challenging support department.
- Comfortable interacting with end-users at all levels, able to inspire confidence in the can-do attitude of the team while at the same time being responsible for the enforcement of global IT policies and working practices. Able to deliver difficult messages in a positive and engaging manner.
- Ability to make sound decisions under pressure.
- Strong commitment to excellent customer service.
- Commercial acumen including an understanding of the overall picture of how the IT service costs and Ability to make sound decisions under pressure.
- An enthusiasm and passion for technology. The ability to promote technology within the firm, using business friendly language, and seek out opportunities with tangible business benefits.
- High level of personal credibility, impact and influence with proven ability to work effectively and persuasively at all levels of the business.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both orally and written.
- Ability to develop good working relationships across the breadth of the IT function and effectively share knowledge between individuals and teams to contribute to overall effectiveness of project and service improvement work.
- Highly self motivated, self-starter, who will undertake all activities to the highest professional standards.
iKas International (Asia) Limited is providing recruitment services for this role.
Recruitment Licence Number: 56984
By clicking 'APPLY NOW', you confirm that you understand that any personal data you submit through your application will be used to provide you with our recruitment services. For further detail on how iKas International (Asia) Limited process your data, please read the iKas Privacy Statement.