Desk Head (Financial Intermediaries Market)
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- UBS AG
- 22 Mar 18
Do you enjoy challenging environment where each day brings new challenges?
Do you like working closely with licensed professionals to ensure high quality services are delivered?
Are you at your best when solving problems for clients and have a proven track record in building long-term relationships?
Are you at your best when leading a team? Do you know how to inspire and coach a team to reach goals together?
We are looking for someone who can:
• contribute to the growth targets by developing long-term client relationships with External Asset Managers
• exploit the acquisition potential of an existing network of promising contacts in External Asset Managers
• support a sales culture with an effective prospecting, sales and acquisition process; regularly reviewing sales plan performance against the desk ambition
• motivate and lead the team, making certain that all team members provide appropriate solutions based on their clients' needs, goals and objectives
• regularly assess team members' strengths and development opportunities, providing candid assessments and implementing improvement measures
• comply with all relevant regulation, policies and standards, fostering an effective risk culture
• be self motivated, require minimal supervision
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
You'll be working in the Wealth Management FIM desk. We are responsible for the acquisition and development of FIM client relationships. We work together to deliver comprehensive and global client solutions.
Your experience and skills
• 15+ years of experience in the financial services preferably with covering external asset managers/multifamily offices
• experience of managing a team and ability to drive the team
• a passion for leading people, coaching team members
• proven track record in acquisition and development of External asset managers and experience in dealing with wealthy institutional-type clients, family offices and corporate owners
• an entrepreneurial mindset, negotiation skills and sound understanding of products
• a natural leader and motivator (and you have the human touch)
• comfortable being the main UBS representative in the region and keen to serve the client through a team approach
• always looking to improve the client experience
• motivated, self-directed and driven
• a dynamic and flexible team player with great networking skills
• fluent in English, Cantonese and Mandarin to service North Asian clients
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.