APAC DeskDev IT is the group of IT professional that sit closest to the traders' needs, often providing quick solutions on Pricing/Issuance/Risk/Life-cycle Management, and other such functions that require quick turn-around until strategic solutions are in place. The team is being rebuilt to not only focus on spreadsheet development but also transition into a Core Development field that still allows for quick / robust solutions that are flexible in nature.
- Gain a good technical and business focused understanding of APAC Markets businesses and our technical implementation
- Work effectively with team members in other locations situated regionally, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Singapore
- Provide domain expertise in some or all of the following business processes: Market Data Management, Risk Valuations and P&L attribution/reporting, life-cycle management and document reporting
- Relationship management of Business/IT clients and teams regionally, ability to build and maintain positive relationships and communicate at all levels
- Handle the relationship with other development teams for stronger technical integration
- Work with Platforms to reduce the complexity profile of existing applications and integrate simplification into the environment
- Contribute to the Engineering tech stack build-out for the suite of "quick business win" deliverables
- Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Computer Engineering or related subject area is helpful but not essential.
- Significant work experience in commercial software development, predominantly full stack web frameworks and exposure to more recent technologies.
- Proficient financial knowledge in the area of Equity Derivatives and/or Fixed Income and a passion to collaboratively work with the front-office traders is preferred but not required.
- Ability to work well in delivering complex systems in a changing, dynamic environment.
- Develop intuitive and robust user interfaces which improves user experience
- Passion for Agile working practices and a strong dream to work with baked-in quality disciplines, such as Test Driven Development (TDD) and test automation.
- Proficiency of application architecture and design.
- Proficiency in at least one object oriented programming language (C# would be advantageous)
- Experienced with one of MS SQL, Sybase, Oracle, along with NoSQL database and preferably experience in VBA.
- You are ambitious, dedicated, hardworking and can work on own initiative whilst also working collaboratively and deliver on time with a high level of integrity, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standards