Derivatives Settlement Analyst, 6 months contract
- Hong Kong
- Contract, Full time
- Resource Solutions
- 22 Jan 18 2018-01-22
See job description
Our tier 1, award Corporate and Investment Banking client has an immediate opening within the Derivatives Settlement team.
You are an individual who can work efficiently and accurately through high settlement volumes, has knowledge in Derivative products, basic accounting knowledge, and comfortable external parties to follow-up on settlement payment. As soon as an issue is identified, your judgement is needed to escalate appropriately to management, Permanent Control and/or Compliance. You will be exposed to working with various counterparts and traders on matters that requires a quick turn-around and accuracy.
As this is a regional market role, you may be asked to provide additional support on public holidays.
• Responsible for the implementation to operational permanent control policies and procedures in day‐to‐day business activities, such as Control Plan.
• Ensuring & comply with regulatory requirements and internal guidelines.
• Reporting all incidents according to the Incident Management System.
• Ensuring job descriptions are written, distributed and updated.
• Minimizing operational failure, including but not exclusively, the risk of fraud, by helping to devise, and by implementing sufficient regular controls.
• Checking deal confirmations to counterparts and advising dealers for irregular items, if required.
• Answering enquiry from counterparts/traders.
• Ad hoc projects
• University graduate in Finance and Economics or related discipline
• + 2 years of relevant work experience in banking operations
• Relevant experience in Settlement preferred
• Derivatives product knowledge (Financial Futures, Future Rate Agreements, Interest Rate Swaps, Structural Products, Cross Currency Swaps and Interest Rate Option)
• Proficiency with settlement systems. VBA and macro skills will be highly regarded to automate some settlement processes.
• English is the primary language used in this role internally and with external parties.
• Working in a small team, you will have a can-do attitude to support the team.
• Immediately available
About Our Client
Our client is a prestigious international bank with a long history of providing corporate banking solutions to businesses and to large local companies, financial institutions and multinationals. We look for talented, tenacious individuals who are hungry to progress and eager to grow their knowledge.
To be considered for this role, click on the ‘Apply’ button below.
Values and Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at our client the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. They are an equal opportunity employer and are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of our client to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.