Delta One Systematic Trader - Vice President
Join the Execution & Systematic Strategies desk which runs low-touch & systematic trading strategies on linear products.
The Trader is a senior level position responsible for overseeing a trading book and managing book risk, in coordination with the Trading team. The overall objective of this role is to ensure book trades deliver on budgeted revenues, and to coordinate with key stakeholders to develop the trading franchise. Responsibilities:
- Oversee a trading book and generate revenues and manage risk for the respective business
- Coordinate with Sales, Research, CM and other organizations across Markets and Securities Services and the broader business
- Trade a book and deliver on budgeted revenues and manage book risk
- Establish and maintain key relationships to deliver trades to the desk
- Anticipate client demand in each respective product/market
- Coordinate with desk analysts as needed and with sales to develop the franchise
- Leading strong governance and controls:
- Work in close partnership with control functions such as Legal, Compliance, Market and Credit Risk, Audit, Finance in order to ensure appropriate governance and control infrastructure
- Build a culture of responsible finance, good governance and supervision, expense discipline and ethics
- Appropriately assess risk/reward of transactions when making business decisions; demonstrating proper consideration for the firm's reputation.
- Be familiar with and adhere to Citi's Code of Conduct and the Plan of Supervision for Global Markets and Securities Services
- Adhere to all policies and procedures as defined by your role which will be communicated to you
- Obtain and maintain all registrations/licenses which are required for your role, within the appropriate timeframe
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 6-10 years of experience in a related role,hands-on experience in implementing and running index basis trading and market making strategies
- Astrong quantitative background, and be eager to help build and improve our simulation framework
- Knowledge of statistical languages & libraries required.
- Knowledge of C++ / Java is a plus
- Knowledge of respective products and clients
- Required licensing and registrations as applicable
- Advance analytical and numerical competency
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Effective interpersonal skills to develop and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to analyze and pitch situations and determine suitable counterparties
- Knowledge of Bloomberg, booking systems, trading protocol, closing technicalities
Job Family Group:
- Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience
- Master's degree preferred
Institutional Trading Job Family:
Trading Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting