Delta One Sales VP, Asia
Global Banking & Investor Solutions is the Corporate and Investment Banking arm of the Société Générale Group. Present in over 50 countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia, GBIS provides services in corporate and investment banking, asset management, private banking and securities around the world.
GBIS offers to its clients integrated and tailored solutions to respond to their specific needs.
Reporting to the Head of Delta One Sales, Asia with the focus on growing and selling Delta One products to clients in Hong Kong & Asia. Mission Major Responsibilities:
- Develops a strong knowledge of Delta One products. To take advantage of all products within the sales remit and push to all classes of clients within the sales team remit. Specifically Hedge Fund's, Asset Manager's and corporates. Partake in training sessions, product presentations and visit other desks to exchange ideas on a regular basis.
- Sales Efforts - Pitch trade ideas, execute trades, develops new clients, identify their needs and trade with them, establish a permanent relationship. Systematically cold-calls new prospects and visit a large number of clients/prospects during the year, reacts swiftly when an opportunity arises, assumes a large workload
- Delta One Sales - Execute client orders for synthetics, including p-notes, swaps, forwards, repo, convertible bonds, getting borrow for shorts. Achieving best execution and giving timely reports back to clients. Provide ideas and market coverage so that clients give the Bank an increasing amount of their business. Cross selling push - To focus on some of the more Equity Finance parts of the business such as funding, collateral upgrades, Corporate Action trades etc. To search for inventory from Asian AM's for EFI trading.
- Market Intelligence - Knows the market, the needs of each client segment, what competitors do in terms of products - Feedback the information to management, other teams (sales, ENG/Structuring) and trading teams to improve capabilities of the platform.
- Teamwork & Cross selling - Work closely and back-up other team members to ensure client business continuity, ensure effective team work with other teams such as trading, strategy/advisory in order to generate trade ideas (including other departments in the group). Create and drive necessary meetings to introduce and leverage our Traders, Research and other product partners, strong Sales & Trading Alignment, develop dialogue with other sales in all centers regionally & globally to facilitate information sharing and to foster cross selling and client referral with Prime Services, Cash Equity and Flow sales.
- Be a role model for junior staff (demonstrate drive and professionalism) - Lead by example to junior staff of the team. Fit in well with rest of team and into SG's culture
- Relevant Delta One product & Asia market knowledge/experience and client base (Hedgefunds, Asset Managers, Corporations)
- Be sensitive to latest market news and business knowledge
- High result orientation and working capacities
- Autonomous and reliable in dealing with client relationship and demonstrate Honesty & Integrity at all times
- Ability to present the business at senior level both externally and internally.
- To be a team player, work under pressure.