Delivery Manager - Retail Banking and Wealth Management
Some careers shine brighter than others
If you're looking for a career that will help you stand out, join HSBC and fulfil your potential.
Retail Banking and Wealth Management serves millions of customers worldwide with a complete range of banking and wealth management services to enable them to manage their finances and protect and build their financial futures. It is a global business that brings together management responsibility for Retail Banking, Wealth Management, Insurance and Asset Management with a focus on customer-centric propositions and innovative and efficient distribution channels.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Delivery Manager
. Principal responsibilities
- Bring talented groups of people together helping them to normalise as quickly and effectively as possible giving them the right tools and techniques to deliver what our customers need, in a market context
- Create teams of naturally curios people who are both able to support and mentor others with an insatiable appetite to continually learn and grow themselves in the pursuit of what's right for the customer and their colleagues
- Be a servant leader ensuring teams have what they need to be successful, leading by example setting teams up for success removing blockers and tracking cross team and third party dependencies
- Actively pursue team transparency: helping teams make informed decisions that are data driven by setting up automated dashboards that use standard metrics that matter tracking backlog health, team predictability, product quality and delivery velocity, in a meaningful way
- Actively setup and participate in product planning meetings: providing oversight of combined initiatives and packaging of products that make sense when viewed through the customer, XFT and technology lenses, in market context
- Ensure teams are able to rapidly respond to new and emergent customer opportunities within markets and regions
- Ensure teams are pragmatic balancing the needs of the countries and XFT's against any technology constraints when the technology agenda creates complexity through its interlock i.e. public versus private cloud, for example.
- Support the Digital Product Management teams to deliver digital products and features into more countries and brands, globally. Supporting through design, requirements, build and testing within HSBC Digital Solutions.
- Lead teams using agile methodologies, utilising a Devops approach to ensure each digital product globally operates on a single code base and is delivered through teams operating a continuous integration and continuous delivery framework and toolset.
- Help identify the need for and set up Strategic or Tactical projects in response to immediate market threats or commercial benefits in countries around the globe
- The creation of an API layer enabling integration to the country back end systems without compromising the global front end UI.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- Experience of leading Digital transformational change and technologies including Design, Build, Test and Operate
- Background in large scale Digital deliveries with a customer centric mindset who knows the importance of creating small, high performing teams that watch the work over the workers
- Delivery experience and detailed knowledge of requirements gathering, documentation and building systems using the latest Agile and Devops delivery techniques.
- Senior level programme management skills and qualifications.
- Matrix Management and experience working in large matrix organisations
- Experience in both the developed and emerging markets
- With a proven track record of leading and influencing teams both locally and remotely.
- Managing operational functions, directing process reengineering and efficiency exercises.
- Keen understanding of products, services and underlying processes to fulfill.
- Strong commercial orientation, track record of balancing risks versus rewards and maximizing the cost effectiveness and profitability for the business.
- Deep and wide subject matter expertise of digital channels
- Strong people leadership and team working skills
- Ability to gather and analyse information, judgment and decision making, communication competencies.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.