Database Administrator I
This position has responsibility by taking ownership of database tasks for both on premises and cloud. He/She must demonstrate his/her technical skills on completing complex tasks in a team environment.
- Database maintenance - develop and implement a DBA maintenance plan for database consistency check and index statistics, perform daily monitoring of data activity, space usage, scheduled tasks and security
- Installation and configuration - actively participate in selecting hardware configuration for the database. Installing and configuring the database and applicable service packs along with the database configuration parameters for both on premises and cloud, define standard for database client access.
- Backups and Disaster recovery - set up & implement regular backups of databases and transaction logs, develop and test a backup and disaster recovery plan according to the business continuity plan, perform data emergency recovery with the Data Center team.
- Performance optimization and Tuning - database performance monitoring, optimization and stability; analyze and create appropriate indexes to optimize application performance; analyze the database long-term performance trends; troubleshoot by identifying and correcting any Database related problems
- Prepare and review database documentation, operations support procedures and training materials
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in database administration and management
- Solid experience in MS SQL Server
- Knowledge in Oracle, Sybase, MySQL is preferred
- Hands on experience in Linux and Windows scripting; Data management technologies and methodologies
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) within team and users
- Strong problem solving skills, self-motivated and detail-minded
- Holder of Oracle Certified Professional, MCTS - Microsoft SQL Server is preferred