Our client, a leading investment bank is looking to hire a Database Administrator to be responsible for handling complex database systems and administration on Oracle, PostgreSQL and MS SQL Server systems.
- Responsible for the monitoring and uptime of all production databases.
- Ensures availability, security and integrity of assigned databases.
- Estimate PostgreSQL database capacities and create methods for monitoring database capacity and usage.
- Improving procedures for automated monitoring and proactive intervention.
- Take part in application development projects including database architecture and design.
- Participate in the creation of development, staging, production database instances, and migration.
- Responsible for developer SQL code review.
- Responsible for regular backups, recovery, and maintenance of databases.
- Responsible for pro-active remediation of database problems, Query tuning and preventative maintenance.
- Optimize database performance by analysing long-term performance trend
- Participate in a 24×7 support rotation.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or related degree
- 5+ years’ experience in database administration and programming.
- 5+ years’ hands-on experience as PostgreSQL database administrator.
- Relevant Knowledge on Database Installation, Upgrades and Migration.
- Strong ability in applying PostgreSQL Patches and Fixes and familiar with PostgreSQL database architecture.
- Strong knowledge of Linux and shell scripting
- Excellent understanding of command line, database server administration and capacity planning.
- Good Knowledge of MS SQL Servers.