Data Specialist, Bloomberg Dividend Forecasting - Hong Kong
At Bloomberg, our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock - from around the world. In Global Data, we're responsible for delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
More than 320,000 business leaders rely on the real time financial information available on the Bloomberg Professional Service. Our products run on intelligence and industry-specific insight provided by Global Data's Dividend Forecasting team. Our team of analysts' insights and research move the markets every day, and we are growing. That's where you come in.
As a Dividend Forecasting Data Specialist, you will need to have the context - meaning that having passion for and an understanding of the markets is a must. With this foundation, you'll develop expertise in key global industries and manage the corresponding data. You'll learn to leverage your financial knowledge and analytical thinking to drive meaningful insights for our customers. You'll transform complex data and work processes into products that are indispensable to our users. That's our purpose - come find yours! We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Acquire, update and maintain high-quality financial data (Dividend Forecasting Data) using various internal systems and proprietary company software
- Monitor and interpret major company developments and identify themes or trends affecting key market sectors
- Develop subject matter expertise in a variety of financial datasets Dividend Forecasting Data and drive powerful intelligence
- Establish and maintain relationships with other data and core business groups, such as Product, Sales, News and Engineering to help develop and enhance product databases and functionality
- Assist our world-renowned client support help desk with client inquiries
We'd love to see:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, or related field
- Demonstrated project, work experience, or coursework that shows your experience and knowledge in the financial markets
- 1-3 years of work experience in interpreting financial statements; understanding of finance and accounting principles and procedures
- Experience conducting research and relaying findings in a succinct, concise manner with the ability to identify key industry performance indicators, players and trendsetters
- A can-do attitude, and a very proactive approach to each day
- Detail-oriented research and analysis skills
- Ability to adapt within a dynamic environment, meet deadlines and logically approach problems
- Keen interest in data management, technology and product development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and Chinese (Mandarin preferred)
Does this sound like you?
- Master's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, MBA, or related discipline preferred, and/or CFA designation
- Experience in customer service or client relationship management within the financial industry
- Demonstrated experience in information technology and statistical analysis or computer programming (for example knowledge of VBA, SQL, MATLAB, Python)
- Previous work experience with the Bloomberg Terminal, or Bloomberg Market Concepts (BMC) certification
Apply! If we believe that you're a good match, we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.