Data Scientist - Retail Banking and Wealth Management
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- 15 Feb 18 2018-02-15
Some careers shine brighter than others.
If you’re looking for a role that will help you stand out at HSBC, take a look at how you can fulfil your potential.
Retail Banking and Wealth Management serves more than 50 million customers worldwide with a complete range of banking and wealth management services to enable them to manage their finances and protect and build their financial futures. It is a global business that brings together management responsibility for Retail Banking, Wealth Management, Insurance and Asset Management with a focus on customer-centric propositions and innovative and efficient distribution channels.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Data Scientist.
In this role, you will
- Expertise in architecting and communicating a data science solution for a given use case.
- Ability to identify new use cases for data science to add value in the meeting room as a wider discussion evolves.
- Enthusiasm for proactively seeking, exploring and developing use cases for new data and or tools wider industry trends.
- Ability to deliver the data science solution with a hundred percent hands on approach.
- Highly skilled in distilling problems from high level or initial business problem statements.
- Able to break down problems into smaller and logical fragments that can be related to definitive solutions and approaches, concise data requirements and definitive timelines to complete.
- Able to operationalise the data science at touchpoints with our customers so it changes their journey for the better, or for internal teams.
- Effective in narrating the analytical output to stake holders draw agreement on business actions and or formulate questions next iterative analysis.
- Experience in network and social analytics as well as how data science can be applied to interactions between our customers, relationships, comments and other signals of engagement.
- Keen to leverage solutions and approaches developed by the wider Global Analytics community to reduce time to market.
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- Years’ experience with modern analysis methods and machine learning kits such as but not limited to Random Forest, Markov Chain analysis, Gradient boosting, Pathway analysis, Collaborative Filtering, Neural Networks, Self Organising Maps
- Python, Jupyter or similar analytically oriented programming languages
- Experience with cloud analytics platforms such as Redshift, Azure, Baidu, AliCloud
- Knowledge of opensource packages such as Tensorflow
- Years of experience in digital Ecommerce Mcommerce domains preferred but not mandatory.
- Experience that demonstrates proactive initiative to commercialize data and insights.
- Knowledge of SAS and SQL and prior hands on experience of the use in business analytics domain.
- Experience from a digital native or mobile applications domain.
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 0000A2M2
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited