We are currently hiring for Data Scientist to join our rapid growing team to provide support for various projects with insights gained from analyzing data. The ideal candidate is adept in using large data sets to find opportunities for product and process optimization and using models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action. They must have strong experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations. They must process a proven ability to drive business results with their data-based insights, be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams. You should have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working with stakeholders to improve business outcomes. Responsibilities
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes
- Develop company A/B testing framework and test model quality
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance data accuracy
- Master's or PHD in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field
- Minimum 6 years of solid working experience using statistical computer languages to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets
- Experience working with and creating data architectures
- Familiar with the following software/tools:
- Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques: GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, text mining, social network analysis, etc.
- Experience querying databases and using statistical computer languages: R, Python, SLQ, etc.
- Experience using web services: Redshift, S3, Spark, DigitalOcean, etc.
- Experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenarios analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.
- Experience analyzing data from 3rd party providers: Google Analytics, Site Catalyst, Coremetrics, Adwords, Crimson Hexagon, Facebook Insights, etc.
- Experience with distributed data/computing tools: Map/Reduct, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Gurobi, MySQL, etc.
- Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders using: Periscope, Business Objects, D3, ggplot, etc.
- Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on product development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques
- Fluency in spoken and written Cantonese and English